Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

A new LS Hoe owner... I have manual AC,.. want Auto.

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2007, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new LS Hoe owner... I have manual AC,.. want Auto.

Just bought a 07 Tahoe. After signing all the paperwork, I realized I should have just opted for the LT1 or LT2. I tried to take it back to the dealership to swap for an upgraded version, but they gave me the run around. First they told me it wouldn't be a problem, then when I got there they said that my truck was titled and they couldn't do anything for me. To make a long story short,... I'm trying to turn my LS into a LT1, and since I'm not a magician, I'm trying to see how hard this would be.

I've been reading alot of posts on hereto see what's possible and what is not.Although I found a couple answers, I haven't seen anything on changing amanualAC to a auto AC. Is thispossible? Is it as easy as just swappingout the AC control unit, oris there some other things that need to happen as well.

My other biggest concern is the console. Why in the world is there no storage? I guess I should have asked this question beforepulling off the lot. Other than ebay isthere any other place that sells cashmere colored consoles. I only see titantium coloredconsoles on ebay, and JPCustoms wants to charge$1300 forsomething that is selling for under $300.
Old July 12th, 2007, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: A new LS Hoe owner... I have manual AC,.. want Auto.

I'm in the same situation as you but because I purchased used. We went from an LT Equinox with every option to the LS Tahoe with not much and the loss is concerning.

I've sent email to junk yard to determine if I can find a cashmere center console and if any of my searches are successful, I'll be sure to pass the word along. Ebay may be the best option, let's just not get into a bidding war with one another if something comes up!

Let me know if you hear anything.
Old July 12th, 2007, 3:51 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Switching from manual to automatic climate control is an extremely difficult thing to accomplish.

Besides the control heads there are many components involved and also different control modules. Even after installation of all the parts the vehicle would have to programmed to make it all work, few dealers will know how to accomplish it and even fewer would be willing to try.
Old July 12th, 2007, 3:56 PM
CF Beginner

yea... I should have just bitten the bullet and forked over a little more money to get what I really wanted. Well.. I just got 15% tint put on today to match the OEM windows. That will keep me happy for a little bit. If the console does pop up on eBay, you'll probably more likely to get it, since I've never really purchased anything from there and have no clue of how the bidding works.

Can anyone answer the manual/auto AC question?
Old July 12th, 2007, 3:59 PM
CF Beginner

ZX1100F1,

Thanks for answering so fast.