Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

No bass from any speaker

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2013, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No bass from any speaker

I have an 07 Tahoe LS with completely stock radio. Yesterday the bass quit working on all of the speakers.

I have checked the EQ settings to make sure the bass was turned up. I panned the speakers front to back and left to right and they all work, they just have no bass.

Where do I begin and what might the problem be?
Old June 29th, 2013, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

Well it seems to be intermittent. It works for about 20 seconds and then goes out again.
Old June 30th, 2013, 5:25 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Is it a Bose system?
I'd suspect the head unit...if they work for a little bit and then stop the speakers are most likely fine and the head unit is the problem.....
You could try pulling the radio out check the connections at the rear of the radio... if you are really adventurous you could consider opening up the radio and checking for poor solder connections...
If you have the Bose system I'd check the amp and sub connections
Old July 1st, 2013, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

It is not the Bose system. I was afraid that it may be in the actual radio head itself. I don't really want to take that out of there looks like a headache. Anyone have tips?
Old July 1st, 2013, 4:50 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

You might want to check out Crutchfield.com as you can pick up a Radio that will fit your Tahoe for as little as $60... I known that is cheap but it at least will give you some tunes and Crutchfield will provide all the needed hardware to get you going...
Old July 1st, 2013, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issue. It just stopped working. Any suggestions besides pulling the radio.
Old January 12th, 2014, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

Herzog718 did you figure anything out??
Old January 30th, 2014, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

I recently had the ECM replaced for other unrelated problems. (Stabilitrak, reduced engine power, etc). When I got it back from the dealer I magically had bass again. I went back to drop off a flashlight they left under the hood and asked them about the bass. He told me the problem was most likely the ECM sending the wrong voltage to other systems in the vehicle and that is why I didn't have any bass. Problem fixed and I wasn't even trying to fix it. Bonus!
Old January 31st, 2014, 9:13 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eat28
I recently had the ECM replaced for other unrelated problems. (Stabilitrak, reduced engine power, etc). When I got it back from the dealer I magically had bass again. I went back to drop off a flashlight they left under the hood and asked them about the bass. He told me the problem was most likely the ECM sending the wrong voltage to other systems in the vehicle and that is why I didn't have any bass. Problem fixed and I wasn't even trying to fix it. Bonus!
what did that set you back if you don't mind?