Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

No OBD connectivity for emissions check

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2024, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gumby22
I understand that - the reason I’m asking is because I’m trying to verify all the modules are communicating.
I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, and really appreciate your help with this problem.

Is your handheld scanner powering on and not communicating; or is it not powering on at all? What about the testing station?
My scanner powers on, but does not connect. It's the same with the testing station; their scanner powers on, but can't connect to my truck.

One other thing to consider - see if there’s any software updates that need to be done. I’ve checked every resource I have for TSB’s regarding this issue and haven’t found anything, so I don’t think it’s a software problem; however it wouldn’t hurt to get any updates that are due and see if it corrects the problem. Sometimes these odd problems are resolved by updating the software.
I'll stop by the dealership and ask them for my particular vehicle.
Old April 2nd, 2024, 6:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, and really appreciate your help with this problem.
I don’t think you’re being ungrateful. I’ve just seen some weird electrical/communication problems on many makes and models and when it comes to isolating the fault, details matter.

With communication systems, the direction of diagnosis depends on network topology and which modules are communicating, which is why I asked for specifics.
Old April 5th, 2024, 6:30 PM
CF Veteran

I’m gonna ask what seems like a stupid question, but sometimes it’s the simple things that get us….

When you’re attempting to use your handheld scanner, are you turning the key to the ON/RUN position? If not, that could be the reason the handheld isn’t working.

If you are, I’ll need a picture of the RPO sticker in the glove box. There’s just too many possible options for suburbans to make sense of the communication network schematic without knowing what it’s equipped with.
Old May 12th, 2024, 10:19 PM
CF Veteran

How goes this battle?