Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Oem Nav radio clock problem

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2008, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oem Nav radio clock problem

My navigations clock wont show up. I can hit the clock button then set and hit the plus and minus but no numbers show up on the screen. Can someone give me a suggestion? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!
Old May 14th, 2008, 9:33 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts
Default RE: Oem Nav radio clock problem

Remove a MP3 CD from the player if there's one in there. That has worked for others.
Old May 15th, 2008, 7:22 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enter your vehicle from the driver's side rear door, lean the seat back (if you have the captain's chairs in the 2nd row), take a sip of your Miller Lite, raise your right leg above the front center console (I have one in the 2nd row also) with your heel facing the nav/radio and with one quick thrust, push that thing through the engine compartment, have another sip of Miller Lite. [&:]JUST JOKING !!! 73shark is right, as usual. I had a cd in my player that a friend had made using MP3 format so that all of the track information would show up on the screen. Whenever that cd was in the tray, my clock wouldn't display. Don't know why it does that, but it does. If you have an MP3 type cd in the tray and removing it doesn't help the problem, take the truck to the dealer and use the right foot method on the service department's butts.
Old May 15th, 2008, 4:39 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There is a current bulletin out on these radio that pertain to a software update that the dealer needs to apply.

#08-08-44-002: Navigation Radio Clock and/or Clock Tab Do Not Appear or Disappears Intermittently (Update Navigation Radio with N ew Software) - (Feb 15, 2008)
[/align]
Subject:
Navigation Radio Clock and/or Clock Tab Do Not Appear or Disappears Intermittently (Update Navigation Radio with New Software)
[align=left]
Models:
2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe[/align][align=left]2007-2008 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL[/align][align=left]2008 HUMMER H2[/align][align=left]with Radio RPO UVB or U3U[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]
Condition
Some customers may comment that the clock and/or the clock tab does not appear on the navigation screen.
Cause
This condition may be caused by a software anomaly, which causes the clock and/or clock tab to disappear during the ignition key cycle.[/align][/align]
Old May 15th, 2008, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha BM i dont know about kicking my Nav radio in haha. But I can tell you bud light's the way to go.
I just had the radio programmed yesterday.. so im just gonna have to take it back to the dealership i guess. Thanks for the replies
Old May 15th, 2008, 8:46 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: BMoTahoe

Enter your vehicle from the driver's side rear door, lean the seat back (if you have the captain's chairs in the 2nd row), take a sip of your Miller Lite, raise your right leg above the front center console (I have one in the 2nd row also) with your heel facing the nav/radio and with one quick thrust, push that thing through the engine compartment, have another sip of Miller Lite. [&:]JUST JOKING !!! 73shark is right, as usual. I had a cd in my player that a friend had made using MP3 format so that all of the track information would show up on the screen. Whenever that cd was in the tray, my clock wouldn't display. Don't know why it does that, but it does. If you have an MP3 type cd in the tray and removing it doesn't help the problem, take the truck to the dealer and use the right foot method on the service department's butts.
Now that's just funny. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Definitely Millers. MGD rules. [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]
Old May 15th, 2008, 8:50 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

[/quote]

Now that's just funny. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Definitely Millers. MGD rules. [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]
[/quote]

Real men drink Guinness ( I'm a fan of the dark brews what can I say)

Actually I perfer Shiner Bock Black
Old May 15th, 2008, 9:12 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miller Lite is a fanfavorite because of the comercials. remember the old ones that starred the likes of Rodney Dangerfield, Bubba Smithand the rest of the old guys. They were funny. Made me want to start drinking. I remember the one where they were on a golf course and somebody said, "Hey Bubba, that tree's in the way". Bubba Smith went over and pulled the tree out of the ground, roots and all and said "Not any more". Bud Light has some good ones too, but those Miller Lite ads were the beginning of the funny ad campaigns.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Here’s the fix :)

You need to do a hard reset of your clock. On the touchscreen, select the MENU button, when the screen changes, touch the lower left corner and hold until the PIN screen appears. Now enter the PIN code 295660, touch NEXT PAGE, then SET TIME. Here’s a video that shows how to do it:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Btlu6CBeJQs#

Last edited by Rhonda; February 23rd, 2019 at 12:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rhonda:
Danielle Clifton (January 24th, 2020), flashbeagle (September 20th, 2019)
Old February 23rd, 2019, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Oem Nav radio clock problem