Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2006, 8:03 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

Dang double posts. Grr, sometimes it locks up when I click submit or whatever. I go see if it listed the message, it never shows it so I do it again. Then it is there twice.

Anyways, today while I was leaving work I saw a black LTZ in the parking lot. I had to glance for the hood dents, yep they were there. I bet most owners dont know they have them.

I also noticed an interesting item on the inside. It was cup holder goody space covers that looked to be the wood grain. It seemed they flipped up to open and when closed neither compartment were visible.

I believe the Denali or Escalade has them stock. Where can I get them, what part number, how much? Etc? Does anyone know what I am talking about? Dave?
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biglg, I hear what you are saying. I hope your guy has a solution. Like I said, you have to look for those dents in my hood and some think I am crazy, but I know they are there. That drives me nuts.
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:15 PM
CF Addict

Yes, you do have to look for them. THe arent huge, but I have 5 of them total. Hopefully they will get them out. But I agree, it is the fact they are there, and I know it. There also is no reason that the are there!
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:30 PM
CF Junior Member

I looked yesterday and I didn't see any on mine but I will keep an eye out for them.
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Received 161 Likes on 159 Posts

Have you checked with a paintless dent repair guy? A good one can work miracles. Had one do a hail repair on my TrailBlazer and after two years, it still looked like new.
Old October 25th, 2006, 1:36 AM
CF Addict

schorner,

I was sitting here tonight, and decided to call the phone number that ZX posted.

I actually feel I somewhat got somewhere. I had to go though a mediator type person who said this did need to go on to a techincal service person or whatever they are called.

Just to let you know, you may wait on the phone a bit. However it will be worth it. Basically the first guy screened the call and said it should be looked into further.

The second guy at first didnt believe me, he said you are telling me that the metal is that soft. That is hard to believe that hands are causing the dents. I then told him about the TSB which he knew nothing of. He is going to research the issue, call my local dealership and talk over the issue, and call me back. He was very pleasant and I have the feeling he is going to get this fixed! As the TSB states, they know there is an issue and hood dents can happen. I personally think they were caused with normal shutting, shutting it as the TSB states, the pressure is crazy.

If I were you I would call the phone number. It will be worth your time. Also, it will let them know this is an issue. If it isnt an issue for everyone now, i feel it is only going to get worse and may save some people the head ache later.

THanks for the number Dave, I will keep you guys posted when I hear from them! Hell, they might take care of me so well they just pay the balance of my loan off, .
Old October 25th, 2006, 9:50 AM
CF Active Member

I did 73shark. He was able to get the "thumb" dents that were just passed the curve of the hood out.

Biglg, I will give them a call so at least they will have the issue logged and see where it will go from there.
Old October 25th, 2006, 5:29 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

ORIGINAL: fyrcaptain

what does Dodge make that is as nice and refined a vehicle as the new Tahoe?
Viper
You obviously haven't driven a Viper.
It's got good looks and brute force (not quite like a Z06 though).
What a Viper doesn't have is "refinement" they are archaic, offer few creature comforts and take both feet to depress the clutch.

Now back to the business at hand.......anyone have pictures of these dents?
Thanks

You obviously haven't driven a Viper.

How would you know? I have a 98 and a 2002

It's got good looks and brute force

You are absolutely right, but the looks thing can be considered subjective

(not quite like a Z06 though).

I had an 02 Z-06.... great car, fun to drive, apples and oranges though when comparing a Gen1 or 2 Viper to the 5th or 6th Gen Vette

What a Viper doesn't have is "refinement" they are archaic, offer few creature comforts

yeah.......kind of like a Cobra.......a drivers kind of car......if I wanted creature comforts I'd buy a Lexus or another Corvette

takes both feet to depress the clutch.

Not on either of mine, that would be kind of hard to drive it that way

Old October 25th, 2006, 6:26 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever.
I don't care what you drive, I aint dating you.
Old October 26th, 2006, 11:59 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but you would if he drove around with his fog lights on!!!

Quick Reply: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!