Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2006, 2:53 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

I called my salesperson this morning and he is going to take care of the dents (went that route vs. service dept. bought 2 tahoes from him in the last 2 years). I did mention the TSB and he said he hadn't "heard" of any issues like that. Hopefully the dent wizard guy can get them all the way out.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 2:57 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I just got a call from the Chevrolet dealership. The answer, NO NO NO NO we wont do anything about it. They said the talked to the manager, the GM, the area/regional whatever the hell it is and NO! It isnt their issue!

There is a TSB, that explains how to shut the hood. They acted like it was my fault I didnt read the TSB! Well put it in front of me when I sign the X________________ on the paperwork! Put it out there.

Even funnier is they didnt know about the TSB until I talked to them today. So therefore this proves my point that I believe it was done in their shop anyways. GRRRRR. Sorry I am venting!

This is my first new Chevy experience, I am 26 years old and have had 5 brand new dodge vehicles in 4 years, and my wife has had 3. We liked the look of the 2007 Tahoe and some features and went with it, I am not real happy about the decision. My dodge dealer would have handleed this differntly! I have to say that I might be a Dodge/Chrysler owner from here on out.

Put a TSB out there for an obvoius POS engineering issue and then throw the blame on the owner for not reading th TSB and knowing how to open the hood. XXXASDLJDLSL:FJDFJLSSDSLFJSD:JF, that was a lot of cuss words there! Get some ***** GM, admit this is a horrible design and recall it before every 2007 tahoe owner has this issue.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 3:26 PM
CF Addict

schorner,

Congrats! It seems you are a lucky one. You may have purchased more GM products than myself, but that still doesnt seem to be a reason they fix yours, not mine! Way to go GM, very consistent!

LMAO, this is really going to have me chapped for a while.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 3:27 PM
CF Addict

schorner,

Congrats! It seems you are a lucky one. You may have purchased more GM products than myself, but that still doesnt seem to be a reason they fix yours, not mine! Way to go GM, very consistent!

LMAO, this is really going to have me chapped for a while.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 3:35 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should call the GM Customer Service (Complaint) center. The dealer will be able to give you the number. It's also in the back of the owner's manual.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 5:23 PM
CF Addict

No, I dont think I will call the and file a complaint. I will just pay the money to get them removed. Oh well, I guess myself or one of their mechanics have very strong fingers, or maybe GM uses inferior metals!
Old October 23rd, 2006, 5:33 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I always recommend that you start with your salesperson first and then go thru the sales manager and then the general manager of the store to resolve things such as this, the service dept and body shop have mastered the fine art of turning down customers for everything.

Also use some good common sense, customer service is only as good (or bad) as the person that you are dealing with at the time, in your visit(s) to the dealership you may have noticed a particular person that maybe had some authority and also possessed that elusive can-do attitude, seek this person out and ask for his (or her) assistance even if they may have had nothing to do with your purchase.

If all else fails:
Gm Customer Service Phone # 1-800-222-1020

There may also be some blame that those of us (as vehicle owners) may need to own up to and shoulder as well, if you have slammed the schit out of your hood then dents can be an obvious result no matter what vehicle it is.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 5:50 PM
CF Addict

Dave,

I purchased this tahoe used, it was a program tahoe. I purchaed it nearly 5 hours away as there were not any close around that wree used or program that I had what I was looking for. So I didnt go to the saleman. However I did give the local dealer the chance to try and find and mach the offer, but without a return phone call. They were supposed to call me the next day and let me know if they found something, they never called.

Anyways, I first talked to the GM service manager. He sent me to the body shop manager. Everyone was pleasant, including myself. I told them how I felt about it, and that i didnt feel it should have happend. I also mentioned how meticulous I am. They quickly jumped in by saying I can tell because everytime we see your vehicle it is in better shape than our showroom vehicles.

They asked me to leave it there as the area/regional rep was going to be in and they would give me a call to let me know the decision. The final decision was NO. I never raised my voice, nor was I unpleasant. I am a business man, and I handle things professionally! (yes i vent on here, because I can) Once I received the call that said no i stressed my disatisfaction with the conclusion and stated I didnt feel it was my fault! They basically said SOL and the outcome would only change if there were a recall and to keep my receipt for that reason only!

They determined there are a total of 5 dents along the front of the tahoe hood. Their own shop has opened the hood more than anyone else! I have had it opened twice!

I am not going to call customer service, my piddly story isnt going to chance anyones heart on this matter. However, i do feel this was not handled as it should have been. GM has gotten my last penny. I will drive this vehicle through the winter and let the salt eat away and sell it this spring! I will go back to Chrysler products. The 2007 Aspen and the 2008 Challenger would fill up our garage very nicely. By the way, is the Challenger not the baddest car ever? Dang it looks sweet. Sorry, of subject but I fell in love at first sight!

Thanks again for everyones input, i will just eat the cost of repair and lose some sleep for a while. I just hope that not many others will go through this. It isnt a good feeling having dents in a $50k vehicle that you didnt purposely create!
Old October 23rd, 2006, 8:29 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I fully understand, appreciate and sympathize with your situation but since you purchased a used vehicle it is 100% up to you to fully inspect the appearance of the vehicle before you take possession for your own good.
Unfortunately, in these cases the manufacturer is unlikely to offer much assistance and the selling party even less so.

And have you ever "had a dent that you did purposely create"? I usually kick the kids not the truck.

FYI, Tahoe’s don’t have underhood lights, never did.

Old October 23rd, 2006, 10:20 PM
CF Addict

Dave,
Thanks for the info on the light!

Ok, I got home after picking the truck up from the dealer and I wanted to personally mess around with the hood, as I mentioned I really havent opened it but twice.

I tried the trick technique, lower it down, the raise it a bit to shut it. At no point did it seem to have less resistance than it does when you start pulling it down from wide open.

I have never closed another tahoe hood, however it seemed most were saying and the TSB said that it should have less resistance if you close it the proper way. Mine has the same resistance no matter how you do it. In fact, it is a bitch to get closed unless you put some elbow power into it. Am I describing this as normal, or sound messed up?

Quick Reply: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!