Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Paint warranty

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2017, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

12000 miles on a $62000 truck whose paint is peeling off the roof in 3 yrs? Doesn't seem like a fair warranty to me.
Old June 4th, 2018, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paint peeling

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado Texas edition, paint began peeling right beside the headlights. Dealership says rock chip....funny thing is I live in a small town and another person with 2014 white Chevy Silverado Texas edition is doing the samething!!!
The following users liked this post:
Jeanie Glass (April 4th, 2021)
Old June 22nd, 2018, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Grrrr going back to ford products

I have a 2014 chevy ltz with tri coat paint, bought a year ago used from a dealership. I wash it at the carwash in spring & paint starts pealing off of front right fender. NO ACCIDENTS... JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW. Took a good look at it and its got all little bubbles going up the fender, BUBBLES IN PAINT ARE NOT CAUSED BY ROAD WEAR.... so now I'm afraid to wash truck because it will only get worse, took it to local dealer & he said oh your 6 months to late. Really its not my fault chevy did a ****ty paint job to begin with. & I paid 35,000 for it, oh and air conditioning didn't work & heated seats went out right away too. For a truck that only had
50 000 miles on it, it shouldn't have so many problems.
Old November 20th, 2018, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

I just had an issue on my Colorado with clear coat pealing off, two dime sized areas on the roof. Dealer looked at the truck after the estimate I had done at a location they recommended and when I came back to them, in 5 minutes the dealer service manager said yeah we will cover that. Truck is about 1 year old and 17.5k miles. Not sure if the official paint warranty is 12k / 1 year like some other post have specified but I had no issues with the dealer on it. Heck I don't even know how it happened, may have been a rock skipping which the dealer said may have been the case and they still covered it. So I may have had a good will gesture from the dealer and not know for sure but my dealers been very friendly about anything I bring in. If the warranty is 12k / 1 year as specified before, my only advice for anyone is to ask nicely, not getting hostile or showing frustration. Amazing how many times a kind gesture can be given to you so long as people don't get nasty about it.
Old November 21st, 2018, 9:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

did the dealer you took it to have their own bodyshop?
Old October 23rd, 2019, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

5 year anticorrosive warranty...good luck though, so many stipulations
Old January 13th, 2021, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default Brown spot at center of every peel. Must be act of terror or disgruntled employee at

Originally Posted by Rick ***
I have a 2013 Silverado I bought new in chattanooga tn and will never buy another. It had 24000 miles and the paint started peeling on the roof at the window and down both water channels and brown spots started showing up all over the truck and tailgate. The deal tried to tell me some b/s acid rain chemical fallout must have caused it. Then they informed me I was too late anyway since they only guarantee paint for 12000 miles. Funny, I don't see any Toyota's a year old missing paint with chemical spots. Wife actually brought home a 2016 malibu home on a test drive and I told her to take that crappie back first thing in the morning. GM's customer let me leave a message with the area service advisor "if that is even a real position" and still have never got a call back.
You also noticed small brown spot at center of every place that is peeling ? This problem has been going on since early 90's. Pretty much destroys the resale value.Not to mention the embarrassment of driving around in what now looks like a junkyard special. Can you believe GM ask for stimulus money way back when and didn't address any of these certain defects? Greedy SOB's
The following users liked this post:
Jeanie Glass (April 4th, 2021)
Old January 13th, 2021, 4:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by scotrinaf
If you have a new vehicle that is peeling, this would indicate that it received damage during transport and had to be repaired. This is actually pretty common and typically the damage is very minor like a flying rock kdinged the paint job, but anything other than factory paint just won't last sadly... I'd take it to the dealer and make them fix it...
Flying rock damage? So your saying that a rock has hit "every" square foot of the surface of my truck? How did flying rocks take the clear coat and peel it up from entire truck?
Old January 14th, 2021, 9:32 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Our 2005 Yukon (white) does not have this issue.
My white '98 and metallic blue 2004 Frontiers (made in USA) DO have this issue. The paint seems unable to adhere to the primer. Most of this is blamed on government requirements for the low-VOC paints.

These photos are NOT my truck, mine is not that bad.