Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

parking assist problems.....

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2007, 11:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking assist problems.....

Good morning ladies and gents. i got a new jvc dvd player in my 07 Hoe yesterday., double din very sweet too. Problem though, my parking assist doesnt work anymore. I had them take it out and go thru everything again and it was hooked up, everytime i push the button it just blinks and dashboard says its not on. The pedal moving button still works and the traction control too. Is this normal?? Or did i have a bum deal on the install? Any suggestions?[/align][/align]
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:21 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: parking assist problems.....

The audio alerts for the parking assist are tied into the factory headunit, as well as OnStar, steering wheel controls, warning/door chimes, turn signal clicks, etc. If your installerdidn't get the proper adapter to keep those things working, then thatmight be your problem. Assuming you have the Bose system, you probably need something like this one, at jpcustoms: http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/custo...304&page=1
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

yes, i do have the bose system...........
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

it just kinda sux now everytime i start up the engine i have to push the dam button to get back to the gas mileage indicator. i didnt want to pay more but i guess i will make that another project. thanks for the reply............do you think i could possibly find it cheaper elsewhere