Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Parking Assist not Working

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2009, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Parking Assist not Working

Has anyone had any problems with their parking assist after installing an after market nav system? I have a 2007 tahoe LTZ I removed the factory NAV and had installed a Pioneer Avic-Z2 with Rear camara, Bluetooth, and Ipod Interface. Since then, the rear sensors are not exactly working right and the three assist lights on rear post are not working. Any Ideas?
Old February 23rd, 2009, 3:57 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum.

You've probably already checked the switch that controls the Park Assist. Other than that, would think it has something to do w/ the installation. I know others have installed the same radio and not spoken if that problem.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

Thats what I figured. The install guy is denying any involvement. Its not a huge concern but I would like it to work. I'm worried that if I take it to the dealer to fix, then system would be affected.. i.e. dvd bypass
Old February 23rd, 2009, 5:06 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you replace the radio with an aftermarket one? or just add a lockpick?
If its a whole aftermarket nav system, the installer probably used the wrong integration module that it not compatible with factory back-up sensors.
You may also try pulling the fuse for the back-up sensors to reset the module. I believe it is labelled OBJ DET in the drivers door jamb
Old February 23rd, 2009, 6:49 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default why

Can I ask why you would replace the factory nav for after market?

Do all the steering wheel buttons work with the new sat nav?

just curious... I want a LTZ w/sat nav; but if an after market one is that much better; i could forgo the factory one, and just replace it anyway... thanks!
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl

just curious... I want a LTZ w/sat nav; but if an after market one is that much better; i could forgo the factory one, and just replace it anyway... thanks!
I had looked into the pioneer avic-z2 and liked all the features-- bluetooh, phonebook, ipod, HDD, rear view camara full time for towing, and the use of my DVD while using NAV. And yes, All the buttons except the Voice command button work. I wanted to get one W/O the factory NAV but could not find one with the package I wanted. Very happy with my new system.
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by shawnvw
Did you replace the radio with an aftermarket one? or just add a lockpick?
If its a whole aftermarket nav system, the installer probably used the wrong integration module that it not compatible with factory back-up sensors.
You may also try pulling the fuse for the back-up sensors to reset the module. I believe it is labelled OBJ DET in the drivers door jamb
I'm going to look into the module idea. I know I have the Onstar module and just learned that there is one to allow the rear controls to work like factory system once did and mute the rear volume when headphones are plugged in. I'll try the fuse myself then go from there thatnks..
Old December 26th, 2016, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Hey i have a question about this type of problem I would like to know how you resolved it
Old January 6th, 2017, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl

I my opinion, the factory nav system is A total waste of money. The nav system on most smartphones is far, far superior, easier to use, more accurate, and stays updated automatically.