Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Post Autoride Conversion Reviews

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2015, 3:06 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

balln2k15 Welcome to the forum
Thanks for those insights
Old December 13th, 2018, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2001 Suburban I just bought had an autoride conversion done long ago using the Arnott C-2532 kit. Arnott used Bilstein shocks in that kit, but it was a proprietary part number supplied only to Arnott. Now years later those Bilstein's are shot & I need replacements. Arnott no longer uses Bilsteins in these conversion kits. Frustratingly, Arnott won't sell you just the 4 shocks used in their present kits, they demand you buy the entire kit again, springs & bypass harness & all. And, they won't tell you what standard Bilstein or KYB parts to buy as replacements for the shocks used in their kit. Has anyone out there replaced the shocks in their Arnott conversion setup, and if so, what shock brands & part #'s did you use? Thanks.
Old December 13th, 2018, 4:46 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My compressor made awful noises for years, but worked fine. I put in a new one off eBay and it's still going just fine. I think it was only $120 or $150. less than an hour to swap. I didn't have any errors on the dash, just knew it wasn't making noise any more. It was rusted to hell and back...
Old May 29th, 2019, 11:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I removed all the factory suspension components and had a Beltech 2/4 drop installed. New end links, Tires and wheels. She drives like a dream! Now if I could only get rid of the service suspension soon light...
Old May 30th, 2019, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default Shocks

I replaced the original factory shocks on my truck (2001 Suburban 2500) with Bilsteins last week , I have to admit that although the original shocks had around 137,000 miles on them they rode a bit better than the Bilsteins. But with that said I got 4 new Bilsteins for 260.00 from Summit racing and paid 50.00 to have them installed . So for slightly more then the cost of 1 original replacement shock I had 4 new Bilsteins installed , so I'm happy.
Old January 2nd, 2020, 3:22 PM
CF Beginner

01022020-Just saw your message, I'm a new member/engineer. My suggestion is: take the old shock to a quality service shop you trust and ask them to what shock it seems similar. As you might surmise, there are only a few true manufacturers who "re-badge" parts for other vendors. Suggestion shop with whom I've had luck: Midas Muffler on Woodward near 14 mile in Detroit. I had quotes from three muffler service shops quoting $700-800 to replace my 1993 Burb muffler system which was quite loud, even though all the mufflers have a lifetime warranty, "the pipes need replacing"... they fixed the problem for $100-an 87.5% reduction in cost. Replacing the flange connecting to the exhaust output header and bolted up the complete system-which works great. I baby this Burb, practically anything that needs repair is corrected using NAPA gold parts with a lifetime warranty. I agree re: using Bilstein shocks, they're on my burban which rides wonderfully. Good fortune and happy/successful 2020.
Old June 15th, 2020, 2:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bigbake
Thanks for the input. Sounds like Bilstein or Arnott are good choices. I am planning on a complete conversion to a standard suspension system.
im looking to do the same conversion on my 2011 Suburban ltz. did you ever decide on one?