Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Power lift gate issues

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2012, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power lift gate issues

I have a 07 Tahoe Ltz with some power lift gate issues. The gate will raise with no issues but when I press the button to close the gate it will come down about about 6 inches then go back up. At that point it won't do anything until I push the gate up then it will do the same thing, down 6 inches then back up. Any help would be great.
Old April 9th, 2012, 7:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> It may be due to a liftgate open switch, position sensor and/or object sensor. I encourage you to take the vehicle in to be inspected by a certified technician.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 10th, 2012, 8:06 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Can you close it manually? It sounds like it might be whatever causes it to reverse if it hits something.
Old April 11th, 2012, 7:37 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default switch

my guess is also the switch/position sensor, since the motor part seems to work.
Old April 12th, 2012, 6:02 AM
CF Beginner

I can close it manually. Where is the position sensor located ?
Old October 14th, 2013, 9:55 PM
CF Beginner

Sorry to dig up this old thread but was this ever resolved? My 09 does the same thing randomly.
Old October 15th, 2013, 3:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi riggz,

We would be happy to schedule a dealership appointment for you to have the vehicle diagnosed! You may send us a private message at any time with your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and name of preferred dealership. We look forward to assisting.

Jessica (assisting Erica)
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by riggz
Sorry to dig up this old thread but was this ever resolved? My 09 does the same thing randomly.