Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Power seats in non power seat Burb.?.?

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2015, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power seats in non power seat Burb.?.?

Hey all.

I bought the 1999 Pewter one about a month ago after looking for a nice clean k1500 suburban for a while. She is in great shape always garaged, one owner and that is why I bought her.

5 days ago I found a black 99 k1500 suburban and I had to buy it due to 2nd owner owning it for last 12 years and being maintained also loving black color.

Well... Now I have two 1999 Suburban LT's. One is Pewter Metallic other is Black.

The pewter Metallic is in better condition inside and outside and also has more features. I don't like the pewter metallic color and want to sell it and keep the black one but I am wanting to swap some parts to the black and not sure if they will work.

They both have the gray interior with leather seats.
Now the pewter metallic Burb has both power and heated driver & passenger seats the black Burb only has power driver and no heat.
Pewter one also has heated tinted mirrors, over head 3 button garage door opener, pretty sure it has factory brake controller.

Now I have a choice. Either paint the pewter one black! Or keep the black one and try to swap the like new power/heated seats, over head garage door opening console, heated mirrors over to black one. Oh yeah black one has faded clear coat on roof and hood so it will need paint work too.

Can I swap the seats and will the power/heated seats work in the black one?

I am also wondering if the heated mirrors and over head console with three garage door openers can be swapped to the black one too and will they also work??

How about the brake controller?

If any of the items can be swapped will they be plug in and done or will I need to also swap ecu?? Wire Harnesses?? Or anything else?

Thanks all in advance!