Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Problem with a/c controls

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2012, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with a/c controls

I have a 2005 Suburban with dual zone a/c controls. With the a/c on, the fan will blow only about half speed. I can manually turn the fan speed down, but not any higher than half, and pushing the recirculate button does nothing. Also, the fan speed indicator on the display will disappear, as does the output indicator (the little stick figure with the arrows showing where the air will blow). My wife tells me when she turned off the key today, the fan continued to blow. It appears the problem is in the digital/LED control module. Any chance it's as simple as swapping the control module in the dash?
Old May 8th, 2012, 8:45 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> jimnjem,

The blower motor resistor and resistor module connecter may need to be replaced. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for an official diagnosis.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service