Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Question for 07 Tahoe Owners

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2007, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for 07 Tahoe Owners

I am in a bit of a dilemma. I either am going to get an 07 Tahoe and "hook it up" (rims,sound system, etc) or get an 07 Denali/Escalade and leave it as is. This is mainly because if I get the Tahoe I can afford to do this, The Escalade is already enough money I wont be able to spend more adding rims.
Old April 24th, 2007, 9:35 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Question for 07 Tahoe Owners

Get the 'Hoe!!! The chevy emblem on the back is much nicer to look at than that massive Caddy emblem!!!

Also... the work you put into the 'Hoe won't hit you every month in the payments like the Escallade will!!
Old April 24th, 2007, 9:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Get the 07 Tahoe and customise it to "YOUR" taste.... why get a car and look like everyone else... bone stock....now if you caafford it get the Escalade and hook it up.

ORIGINAL: whtcts0713

I am in a bit of a dilemma. I either am going to get an 07 Tahoe and "hook it up" (rims,sound system, etc) or get an 07 Denali/Escalade and leave it as is. This is mainly because if I get the Tahoe I can afford to do this, The Escalade is already enough money I wont be able to spend more adding rims.
Old April 25th, 2007, 1:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your are looking at least a $15K difference between the two. Also the Caddy has way too much chrome for my taste.
Old April 25th, 2007, 1:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Get the Denali! Denali's can be had for little more then an LTZ and
considerably less then an Escalade. If you can afford a Cadillac, you can afford a Denali and still mildly "hook it up". Plus you'll have the 6.2L w/ 380+hp and already have some of the chrome goodies that some of us are adding to our Tahoes/Yukons. Chrome door handles,running boards, roof rack, mouldings, ect. Just my .02
Old April 25th, 2007, 4:00 PM
CF Active Member

It's too bad they don'tinclude the 6.2L with the LTZ. That is one thing I would love to have with minebut is way too costly to try and add now. All other Denali accessories can be added to a Tahoe to have the accents of a Denali fairly easily (except the front end grille & lights). I personally don't like the front end look of the Denali anyway...UGLY! The Escalades are very nice, but you're just paying more money for the name. Go with a Tahoe, trick it out the way you want it and you won't be disappointed.
Old April 25th, 2007, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

This might sound weird but I think the chevy grill on the Tahoe is much more attractive than the new Denali front end. However I do like the Denali tail lights better.
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:01 PM
CF Junior Member

I bought a black '07 Tahoe when they came out and last December my wife and I realized we needed more room,,,,, so we went with the Yukon XL. Personally, I like the Tahoe front end better then the Yukon, but the Yukon XL or XL Denali looks better then the Suburban. I think the big grill, and big headlights look more proportioned on the bigger vehicle.For such a new vehicle, I can't drive anywhere without seeing a TON of new Tahoes/Suburbans (especially black), but I rarely see any GMC's, and why wife and I agreethat it's nice not having what everybody else has.
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:25 PM
CF Active Member

Man it just depends. If you would rather have a bad *** toy to fix up and customize exactly how you want it, get the tahoe.Personally I would get the tahoe and fix it up with the 15k I would save by not getting the escalade. I like the tahoe body style better than the escalade anyways.