Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rust spots ONLY on 07 Tahoe door molding???

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2015, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shirley Hoehman
I have a 2011 Tahoe this same exact thing is happening to both sides of my Tahoe. I took it to the dealer and was informed that before they would even look at it I would be charged 120.00 since I was out of warranty because I had 42000 miles on my truck it's not even 3 years old and it should be covered. The service manager looked at it and tried telling me that it was tree sap. No offense Chevy but I might be a woman but I am not stupid. They said there was nothing they could do. This will be the last Chevy I buy if a paint job won't last even three years.
I posted a picture of my drivers door.
Shirley,
I know your post is old but what was the resolution to your Tahoe? My 2014 is doing the same thing and it only has 10K miles on it. When I went to the dealership today I got the same excuse - tree sap! I hate going to the dealership because they treat you like you are stupid!
Old July 24th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by clynn8407
Shirley,
I know your post is old but what was the resolution to your Tahoe? My 2014 is doing the same thing and it only has 10K miles on it. When I went to the dealership today I got the same excuse - tree sap! I hate going to the dealership because they treat you like you are stupid!
Hi Clynn8407,

We truly apologize for this, and can understand how frustrating this may seem for you. This is certainly not the kind of impression we wanted with your new car, and we would be more than happy to look into this further for you.

Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We would be more than happy to reach out on your behalf.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 24th, 2015, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Clynn8407,

We truly apologize for this, and can understand how frustrating this may seem for you. This is certainly not the kind of impression we wanted with your new car, and we would be more than happy to look into this further for you.

Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We would be more than happy to reach out on your behalf.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you Patsy - this information has been sent.
Old December 7th, 2016, 1:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same. Any news?

Same problem on my '07 Suburban. "Rust" spots which are "spreading" quickly only on the door trim, on all four doors. It's the end of 2016 now, has there been any resolution on this issue, besides spending hundreds of dollars?

Thanks.
Old June 4th, 2017, 9:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 montana sv6

I have seen this happen on chevy uplanders and pontiac montanas in the gold color aswell.
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:33 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems just like the molding's basic paint/build quality
Old August 16th, 2019, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Molding spots

okay this is a Tahoe and suburban thread but I have a 04 silverado extended the moldings were changed in 07 at the origanal ones where forming bubbles in the sun gm Warentied and replaced them with the present ones which have now the same spots great garage topic with all my gearhead buddies seems there was likely raildust in the molds when the plastic wa being poured at it only seems to effect the top edge
Old September 22nd, 2019, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by clynn8407
Shirley,
Rusty door moldings on 2014 suburban champagne silver
I've noticed the issue on other years and models (tahoe). Mine is not as bad as others I've seen thinking about trying to send and paint.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Has there been any updated info on this? We have a 2007 Suburban that has the rust-looking spots all along the driver and passenger side moldings. Looks terrible. Rest of the car is fine with the paint holding up fairly well. I would love to rectify this, but can't seem to find a definitive answer on it. Can you purchase replacement moldings and install them yourself? Would they need to be painted, or do they come in the correct color already? There seems to be a weak response from Chevy, but that is nothing out of the ordinary. Ours would certainly be out of warranty, but it would be nice if there was a way to make it look better.

Any information would be appreciated!
Old January 28th, 2022, 11:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Find a good trusted dealer, perhaps one you have purchased from before