Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service 4 WD

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2018, 11:09 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silveradogirl88
Ok Thank you very much! Now the message on the message board is gone but it also came back on and off a different time, I read that there may be a glitch with a sensor on the transfer case.
Just changing the transfer case oil might be enough to get rid of the message. It was like that with my 2008 auto transfer case. Results will vary.

Good luck.

SD
Old January 28th, 2018, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service 4WD alert

My mechanic said I needed to change the transfer case motor...it's about $165.00 on ROCKAUTO, or you can spend an additional $100 at O'Reillys....depends on how soon you want/need 4WD.
I have not tried changing the transfer case oil...if it needs changing EVERY 50k miles that might be a problem... since my 03 Avalanche has 315k miles on it and I really don't know if that fluid has ever been changed...mine is currentlying out at the moment and I was thinking of ordering ANOTHER transfer case motor..( this will make #3 that I have put on ), don't know if water is my problem but my 02 Tahoe doesn't have this problem and it has 245k on it...