Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2017, 2:51 PM
JPD
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever resolve this? How?
My ABS and Stabilititrak lights just came on as well
Old June 28th, 2017, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

Newbie here! We have a 2007 Chevy Suburban with 160,000 miles on it (we bought it 4 years ago with 80,000 miles on it) and I started having the same problem in April and it has been warm here in Eastern NC the whole time I have had this problem. Here are some details: The service stabilitrak, service traction control, stabilitrak off, traction control off, power reduced and hard shifting from 1 to 2. We have had the Throttle body replaced ($545) and the accelerator/pedal replaced ($177) even though the pedal had been replaced a year ago. The codes are: 1) P2138 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensors 1-2 Not Plausible, and 2) P2138 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D"/"E" Voltage Correlation. It has done it several times since having those two things replaced in the last few weeks. Very dangerous when it powers down. I have had this happen at various speeds and various conditions, accelerating, going the same speed, no rain for several days. I have not taken it to our dealership but had the local people that have always worked on my cars fix it for me. They have been in contact with our local dealership about a warranty on the accelerator/pedal because they got the part from them a year ago. I see that there are many 2007 vehicles having this same issue but that the service bulletin doesn't cover them. I guess my next step will be to call GM since I don't have money to keep throwing at this problem that is very obviously a GM problem! I'm game for the class action suit if anyone has one! I had a 2002 Suburban that didn't give us any problems!! UGH!

I posted this exact post on another forum that has 40 pages of comments of these same problems. Here's the link to that one: Service Stabilitrak, Service Traction Control, and Reduced Engine Power -- anyone? | Chevy Truck Forum | GM Truck Club

Last edited by spray76; June 28th, 2017 at 9:32 AM.
Old July 6th, 2017, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by spray76
Newbie here! We have a 2007 Chevy Suburban with 160,000 miles on it (we bought it 4 years ago with 80,000 miles on it) and I started having the same problem in April and it has been warm here in Eastern NC the whole time I have had this problem. Here are some details: The service stabilitrak, service traction control, stabilitrak off, traction control off, power reduced and hard shifting from 1 to 2. We have had the Throttle body replaced ($545) and the accelerator/pedal replaced ($177) even though the pedal had been replaced a year ago. The codes are: 1) P2138 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensors 1-2 Not Plausible, and 2) P2138 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D"/"E" Voltage Correlation. It has done it several times since having those two things replaced in the last few weeks. Very dangerous when it powers down. I have had this happen at various speeds and various conditions, accelerating, going the same speed, no rain for several days. I have not taken it to our dealership but had the local people that have always worked on my cars fix it for me. They have been in contact with our local dealership about a warranty on the accelerator/pedal because they got the part from them a year ago. I see that there are many 2007 vehicles having this same issue but that the service bulletin doesn't cover them. I guess my next step will be to call GM since I don't have money to keep throwing at this problem that is very obviously a GM problem! I'm game for the class action suit if anyone has one! I had a 2002 Suburban that didn't give us any problems!! UGH!

I posted this exact post on another forum that has 40 pages of comments of these same problems. Here's the link to that one: Service Stabilitrak, Service Traction Control, and Reduced Engine Power -- anyone? | Chevy Truck Forum | GM Truck Club

Very similar issue with my 07 Avy LTZ, with 130k on it, difference is that it has never thrown a engine code to read. I have replaced: Brake control module, both rear wheel speed sensors, TPS, front hubs have been replaced in last couple of years so those wheel speed sensors are newer (always bought the best Moog/Timkin). No engine power loss but has given me a hard 1 to 2 shift a few times. I was debating replacing the steering sensor but it does not seem consistent with my issue (No codes). I have not replaced the terminating resistor because I have no idea what it looks like and have not replaced any battery cables. any idea's on next steps?

Thank You!
Old October 7th, 2017, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

Here is a repair video that may help you.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 8:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by strkus
Well, as others I joined because my 2007 Tahoe LTZ just started flashing the stabilitrak light and engine light. I was on the interstate (Dallas I30) and was determined not to stop (as if I could). I kept driving with the lights flashing, the motor missing, and within a hundred miles all went away. Today it did the same thing on the way home and I kept driving, maybe 30 miles, and all stopped again. Tomorrow I will start with the simplest, washing, and go from there.
Did you fix your problem? If so can you tell me what to replace or do? My 2007 suburban is doing exactly what you described. Scanned it and it was a misfire on one of the cylinders so we replaced the coil pack and the plugs. Was fine for a day then did it again today! It is missing bad and running so rough! And the service stabiltrak light comes on and the engine light flashes. I've been trying to find someone with the exact same problem. Some are saying sensors others are saying battery cables. I'd like to do everything I can myself before taking it to the dealer and getting ripped off. Any help would be appreciated
Old January 2nd, 2018, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
if you live in a cold environment, the problem may correct itself. some of the electronics in these trucks do not fancy the cold wet environments of the northeast.
Im in Alabama and we usually don't get below 30ish we have hade days of teen temps and I drove the Tahoe for the first time in 3 days. Got this message at a red light after braking hard. I'm wondering if the cold is the culprit. I hope!
Old July 21st, 2019, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So do you have a possible fix for the stabilitrak light?

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Have you contacted Customer Service regarding these issues? If so, would you please PM me and provide your Service Request number (SR#) for your case and the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into this further?

Louis
GM Customer Service
so do you have a possible fix or direction to repair this? Besides all of the SEVERAL ideas and routes available out there the do not fix this issue including the dealer who made this vehicle?

Please tell me- not even an obd2 diagnostic room is not catching it- even though the light is clearly on. The same Diagnostic Tool repaired ABS/Traction Control etc lights by telling the issue on other vehicles and trucks ...

Unfortunately not this vehicle
Old September 3rd, 2019, 1:12 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

[QUOTE=RJK;172956]2007 Suburban 5.3 LTZ

Started up the burban tonight and I have Service Traction Control - Service Stabilitrak and ABS light is on, I'm sure they are all related any ideas?
I searched and found something about a dealer computer upgrade? Does this fall under my 2007 powertrain warranty?

Thanks
its a wire on one of your wheels, push the clips togthertogether
Old September 8th, 2019, 1:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yes I got an answer

[QUOTE=blackvtr;434513]
Originally Posted by RJK
2007 Suburban 5.3 LTZ

Started up the burban tonight and I have Service Traction Control - Service Stabilitrak and ABS light is on, I'm sure they are all related any ideas?
I searched and found something about a dealer computer upgrade? Does this fall under my 2007 powertrain warranty?

Thanks
its a wire on one of your wheels, push the clips togthertogether
Yes they are both related Indeed- I got mine fixed- the part is called the Steering Angle Sensor- it’s a prep design- you will see that most places that sell this are out of stock -even the dealer will tell you that you have to lie with it because that particular part is discontinued- they won’t tell you that In fact they redesigned the part and I think they are on all Tahoe,Suburban,Escalade Etc. The new design has 8 pins in it— the part we have in there has 6 pins—(not to get this confused with the spiral pin that is sticking out the new part THAT SHOUKD NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL IT IS PROPERLY IN PLACE AND MOUNTED- or you will spin it out of whack and therefore ruin a brand new part by throwing off the calibration— 9 times out of 10- if it is not one of your Hubs/Bearing or Speed Sensors on your tire which reads the turns and calibrates— then it is your Steering Angle Sensor— the new 8 Pin WILL FIT INTO YOUR CURRENT 6 PIN HARNESS so no need to panic-this can be done yourself— be absolutely SURE TO MOVE UR SEAT BACK AND TAPE THE HECK OUTTA UR STEERING WHEEL TO NOT MESS UP A SPRING OR THE SAME PART AGAIN—- YouTube it— like ALOT— youlll learn more and more about this part—after changing? No need to reset any lights— the Tahoe started up and read the problem was solved and fixed itself—

SELF CALIBRATION OR TAKING JT TO GET FLASHED OR CALIBRATED INTO YOUR SYSTEM IS NOT AN OPTION— the part is roughly $159 at the dealer- don’t cheap out and go after market or you’ll likely be doing this situation again in a few months/ I’ve ordered aftermarket and it was actually too thick and I returned it and bought the dealership one with the 8 Pins - plugged right in— get a BlueDriver obv2- like 99$ and will tell you what EXACTLY is your problem in this situation m- they are great I mean GREAT tool..
The following users liked this post:
OgThugLuv (August 4th, 2020)
Old November 26th, 2019, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default 08 suburban service stabilitrak and traction control and abs...now more issues

Stranded. Likely will need a tow. 2008 suburban money pit.
so far nobody can figure this one out. I thought since we just rebuilt the entire rear end that this intermittent problem would go away. These lights are on again and seem to come on when i push the brakes. This time the car is stuck in park as well.
we are about to have our first snow so this is interesting timing. ugh.
i saw on toutube something about a brake light switch needing to be replaced. I have a mechanic appt tomorrow and the last time they could not figure it out.
any ideas?

Quick Reply: Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help