Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???

Search this Thread

Old March 20th, 2018, 7:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See my post below

Last edited by Regena; December 12th, 2018 at 3:32 PM. Reason: Wrong Info
Old December 12th, 2018, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default Got the whine to stop

I know this thread is old but searching on the web for all possibilities. My radio was making that whine and I did everything imaginable and no resolution.
Bare with me.....I got a promotion in the mail for free OnStar service. So I subscribed. During this time I had no whine, once I canceled the OnStar subscription the whine came back. So I unhooked the OnStar and no whine since. This is going over many and many of railroad tracks and bumpy roads as these things would often trigger the whine.
I have an 07 trailblazer.
Hope this helps.
Old December 12th, 2018, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Josh Conrad
I have a 2005 GMC Sierra extended cab with the same noise problem. I have read this whole thread and everyone is saying replace or clean the rear radio control and it fixes it. Well I don’t have the back radio control in my extended cab. What is causing my problem then?
do you have an OnStar system? I think it’s the OnStar. I unplugged mine completely and no more whine.
Old December 26th, 2018, 3:36 PM
sra
CF Beginner

Default 08 Trailblazer Speaker Whine Buzz

I'm experiencing the same exact thing. Very intermittent, happens with bumps in the road or turn signals or turning this on or that off. It's never consistent. Sometimes it'll go away for awhile and then it'll come back and stay for a couple of weeks or more. Very aggravating. I refuse to carry it into my local dealership because it either never happens in front of them and they can't diagnose it unless they hear it, or sometimes they just don't have a clue. I've also experienced let's try replacing this or try replacing that at my cost and not fixing the situation. I wish GM dealerships service depts could get their act together. They don't seem as efficient as they did back in the old days. I'll try some of the suggestions posted on this thread. Thanks
Old December 26th, 2018, 3:39 PM
sra
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Regena
I know this thread is old but searching on the web for all possibilities. My radio was making that whine and I did everything imaginable and no resolution.
Bare with me.....I got a promotion in the mail for free OnStar service. So I subscribed. During this time I had no whine, once I canceled the OnStar subscription the whine came back. So I unhooked the OnStar and no whine since. This is going over many and many of railroad tracks and bumpy roads as these things would often trigger the whine.
I have an 07 trailblazer.
Hope this helps.
Where Did you unhook the OnStar at?
Old December 26th, 2018, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sra
Where Did you unhook the OnStar at?
for the suv it should be under the passenger seat in back.
I unhooked the entire thing. It’s a shiny metal box.
Old April 5th, 2019, 7:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Imposter71
My noise stays at roughly the same volume so I can turn my stereo up louder and it covers the sound. Is definately related to RPMs, and even stays the same when the stereo volume is sturned down all the way. Does stop if the stereo is turned off.

Also, if my truck is running and the stereo is off, but the chime for the seatlbelt or whatever rings. The whine comes through along with the chime even thought the stereo is off.

If I have any revelations I'll let you know. We'll get them figured out, just might take us a little time.
i have the exact same issue. Help!!
Old April 16th, 2019, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default It Works!

Originally Posted by in2pro
So I pulled the RSA (Rear Seat Audio) control and disassembled ( see pictures)

My whine was happening when I first started the truck on these very cold mornings, while the whine was happening, I gently pressed on the face plate of the rear seat audio control panel located in the center console, as soon as I did that the whine stopped and has not returned.
That tells me that its a loose or very poor connection that is intermittent due to the cold. The rear unit does get warm when the vehicle is running so the thermal expansion over the past 7-8 years has taken its time at slowly loosening connections...

*Do not have the key in the ignition* you risk setting off the theft deterrent on the radio if you do, as well as blowing the unit and radio.

Make sure your open the drivers door to remove any latent RAP (Retained Accessory Power) you can disconnect the battery but I did not and had no issues.

Once you have the RSA unit out, separate the two pieces and gently pull them apart after releasing the 4 end clips, the 32 pin DIN connection is the only one, so pull straight apart don't peel or you risk bending the pins...

Once you have it apart use a cotton ball dampened with at least 50% or higher IPA (alcohol) use that cotton ball to gently wipe the pins to remove any oxidation even if you don't see any... wipe in the direction of the pins to prevent leaving cotton fuzzy on the pins as they can prevent good contact once its put back together.

Give the IPA a few minutes to dry, avoid handling or touching components as your risk ESD damage, this is especial true if you're doing this in a cold dry environment.

The only thing that needs to be cleaned is the 32 pins and the only part that needs to be disassembled is the 2 halves of the RSA unit, the pictures I have below are so you can see the whole unit YOU DO NOT NEED TO TOTALLY DISASSEMBLE.. the front and rear covers.

Thanks for this great write-up, worked perfectly !!!
Old April 16th, 2019, 4:56 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Glad it worked for you! and thanks for the follow up
Old August 29th, 2019, 7:52 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by joeincharlotte
Alright everyone, I had this exact same problem on my 08 suburban. I noticed it within the 30 day used car warranty and the dealer was nice enough to take care of it for me. Anyway, after checking the grounds and speaker connections, they thought it was the amp, but it wasn't. They ended up pulled the rear radio out of another Suburban on the lot and swapping it with mine. Sure enough the noise is no longer in mine, but was in the other Suburban when they plugged my rear radio into it.

For those of you with this same problem, I hope this helps.
This is the first solution I have seen in the entire post starting from the top that worked. I have seen the problems but no soulutions and wonder if anyone fixed theirs or did they get rid of the vehicle? Thanks for all the information so I can start my troubleshooting.
i do have the same issue but if I turn on my rear audio center the humming noise goes away. Cheapest quick fix ever. But if the rear audio is off then humming bird comes back with RPMS.

Quick Reply: Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???