Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Squeaking Brakes

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2007, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking Brakes

Does anyone else have a brake noise/squeaking problem on thier '07 tahoe? Since Oct. I have had a squeaking problem that has gotten completely annoying. First it started when i would apply the brakes now it happens when I don't even have the brakes applied traveling at highway speeds. I have had it at the dealership twice to have them try to fix it First trip, they said that they couldn't do anything, second trip all they said is that the pads are semi metalic so they will make noise and then put some sort ofanti squeak solution on the pads that GM was telling them to use.
I really want this problem fixed!!! Any tips?

Old May 1st, 2007, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Squeaking Brakes

I just saw that I can search on this thing and found some other links. I will check those out. Sorry about the double post.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

I posted about the same problem a while back. It's a "tiny" squeak that I only hear at very slow speeds. Originally, I thought it was brake dust and/or sand on the disc that would eventually wear away. That was back inDecember and I still got the problem. I just turn the radio up now
Old May 22nd, 2007, 9:05 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates on this issue? I just started getting a little squeak when traveling upwards of 45mph and pressing the breaks. It only does it when the vehicle is warm and when first pressing the brakes. I have a feeling its only going to get worse though. Thanks..
Old May 25th, 2007, 7:58 AM
CF Junior Member

I also have a squeaking noise when I first pull the tahoe out of the garage in the mornings. Theres also been a rubbing sound from the rear tires. Ive taken it to the dealer and they havent been able to find anything wrong or recreate the noise...it sounds as though it might be a manufacturing defect if enough of us are having the same problems though..