Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Stalling Problem

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2008, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling Problem

I have a 1996 Tahoe with the 350. I stored it all winter and when I went to get it on the road this spring it had a gas leak in the lines. I replaced the gas lines with high pressure rubber hose and all was good for about a month. Then the other day I was driving (coasting) down hill and when I looked down all the lights were on in the dash. Then it wouldn't start. I changed the fuel pump and it started up and ran good. I drove it around and went home. A little bit later I go out to head to T-Ball and I'm driving down the road and it stalls again. I pull off the road and it starts right back up. It did this four more times and I take it to the shop and they can't find anything. No codes at all. It acts like I just turned the key off.

Any ideas!!!
Old June 2nd, 2008, 9:40 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts
Default RE: Stalling Problem

Did they check the battery connections and the ground to frame?
Old June 3rd, 2008, 7:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stalling Problem

I did check the battery connection and they were fine, but I did not check the ground to the frame. I talk to the shop owner yesterday and he thinks it's the plug to the fuel pump. When I replaced the fuel pump (my first time doing it) I didn't know that there was a new plug in the box and reused the old plug. He is going to change that today and see what that does.

He also changed the mod under the distributer and that was not it.