Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Steering shaft issues

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2010, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon2007Tahoe
liecheck: many thanks! now...how do i convince my dealer i need this installed?! i'm guessing it is not an official recall.
Brandon, I would keep an eye on your oil consumption. If your not burning any oil (assuming you don't have a sh*t load of miles on your truck, GM says 45k or more you may see this) than you may not need this deflector. However, if you are burning oil (GM again says up to 1qt per 800 mi) you may want to check into this. So if you think you need it I would call or stop in and speak with an advisor and tell him your concerned about your consumption and something doesn't seem right. It's a cheap job in terms of dealer/ GM cost.... $3 for the deflector and about $30 for the oil pan gasket and whatever time they have in labor. I would be surprised if it doesn't turn into a recall at some point, not for safety but for sheer cost. maybe $150 total for this job, if they let it go it could turn into a new engine. Pay now or really pay later.

FYI: GM bulletin # is 10-06-01-008, there are two out for this issue, don't know off the top of my head which on supersedes which one.