Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Suggestion for Future Tahoes

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2007, 10:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suggestion for Future Tahoes

There used to be a thread that ZX put up about suggestions for the future, but I couldn't find it...

So...

Here's a suggestion:

Put an idiot light on the dash to let you know what 4WD mode you're in (2HI, AWD, 4HI, 4LO). The **** is fine as a ****, but you need to take your eyes off the road for too long if you need to see what mode you're in.

Just a thought.
Old February 15th, 2007, 1:17 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Suggestion for Future Tahoes

I second this. This is the only 4x4 I have had that doesnt give you the 4x4 info in the instrument cluster. THe **** lights up, but in the daylight it is not as easy to tell what you are in!
Old February 15th, 2007, 5:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And why does the **** heat up to 150 degrees???
Old February 15th, 2007, 6:37 PM
DEI
CF Junior Member

I'd like to see the controls for the heated seats moved to the center with the climate controls. Then I wouldn't have to reach across to warm up the passenger seat while I'm waiting for my wife.

Also get rid of the buttons for the temperature on the climate control and go back to ***** like they used to have. It was easier to find and turn a **** while driving down the road than to look for a little symbol on a button and try to push it.

Old February 15th, 2007, 7:38 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The 4WD indicator light is a good idea.

The Auto HVAC system is a little complex and the buttons are small but the reason for the lack of ***** is to enhance esthetics, the "Auto” feature (if used properly) should all but eliminate the need to fumble with the controls while driving, the standard HVAC systems still use rotary controls.
If you can operate a cell phone while driving then the HVAC controls should be a breeze, if not; then have you 14-year old daughter help you master this.
Old February 15th, 2007, 8:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on Dave you may get that "doesn't play well with others" label if your not nicer to the other kids. This is constructive in nature...so far.

I second the seat heater controls in the center. I too do the long reach for the significant other.

I also like the4X4 indicator. Ihit the knobinto 4 low when I exited (bumped by my knee) When I pulled out it took me a while to figure out what the heck happened. Good thing it was 4low not 4 hi.I may not have noticed for way too long -on dry pavement.
Old February 15th, 2007, 8:06 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok then I removed (edited) that, sorry.
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:43 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: kernal

And why does the **** heat up to 150 degrees???
while we're bitchin about the ****, why does it have no positive locking position when cold. I always wonder if I'm in Auto or 4wd.
Old February 16th, 2007, 6:09 PM
DEI
CF Junior Member

Oh thats right ZX, I would much rather have a "pretty" vehicle to drive than have one that is actually functional. I forgot where you live all the roads are smooth, no bumps, no traffic to aviod and of course always sunny and 80 so you have your sunroof and windows down all the time....no need to ever adjust the heat.....[sm=yeahsmile.gif] Now lets say it's 30 below, you have a bulky winter jacket on and a thick warm pair of gloves and your driving through 8 inches of snow on an ice covered road, oh and your windows want to fog up.......where's that "pretty" little button again???

I'm sorry, I didn't know you personally designed the dash. I'm just saying I owned an '03 LT and the ***** worked much better for the conditions I live in. Hope you can take itas well as you always seem to dish it out! [sm=smiley2.gif]
Old February 17th, 2007, 6:46 PM
CF Junior Member

I would like to see the standard Tahoe havethe lighterAluminum rear lift gate likeChevy's soon to be released Tahoe Hybrid.

I would also like to see a 6.2Lengine with added DOD as an option.

(Motor Trend specs 0-60 times of the Yukon Denali 6.2L @ 6.4 Sec. The 5.3L Tahoe had 0-60 times @ 8.7 sec. Quite the difference.)

Quick Reply: Suggestion for Future Tahoes