Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Suggestion for Future Tahoes

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2007, 2:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Suggestion for Future Tahoes

Move the rear wiper switch of the turn signal stalk and put it next to the sunroof button.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with most of the things mentioned so far.

How about a second row window that will go all the way down. I ordered my Z71 Tahoe back in Feb because I fell in love with my bro-in law's Suburban but I didn't need all that space. His rear windows go all the way down my don't (should have got the 'burban). Though I don't ride in the back I'd rather have a small portion of glass (like most all other SUV) to allow the window to go all the way down. I think the Tahoe's and Yukon's are the only SUV's out there that the rear window only rolls down half way.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 6:39 AM
CF Junior Member

For $49k I think I should have gotten HID's
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:36 AM
CF Active Member

An option to program side mirrors to automatically fold in when you take key out of ignition....
Old August 22nd, 2007, 1:00 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: EYEYEC

I agree with most of the things mentioned so far.

How about a second row window that will go all the way down. I ordered my Z71 Tahoe back in Feb because I fell in love with my bro-in law's Suburban but I didn't need all that space. His rear windows go all the way down my don't (should have got the 'burban). Though I don't ride in the back I'd rather have a small portion of glass (like most all other SUV) to allow the window to go all the way down. I think the Tahoe's and Yukon's are the only SUV's out there that the rear window only rolls down half way.

The rear doors sit over the wheel well, the windows can't go down anymore, because of the wheel well. Suburbans the door is not over the wheel well.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

The way some of the other short wheelbase SUVs manage to roll the rear windows all the way down is to have the rear quarter of the window to be stationary.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:25 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fold-flat third row would be nice, but my guess is that you'd lose someground clearance. It's gotta go somewhere, above or below, so for a 4x4, I'd opt for above. The '07 seems to be lower than previous years already; don't want to make it lower.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 6:18 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: jlenkows

There used to be a thread that ZX put up about suggestions for the future, but I couldn't find it...

So...

Here's a suggestion:

Put an idiot light on the dash to let you know what 4WD mode you're in (2HI, AWD, 4HI, 4LO). The **** is fine as a ****, but you need to take your eyes off the road for too long if you need to see what mode you're in.

Just a thought.
Absoulutely agree there should be a light on the dash. I just came back from a road trip and I realized I drove through both North and South Carolina on dry highway in4auto. I sure hope I didn't mess anything up...

-Al
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:41 AM
CF Junior Member

I would like to see additional heater/air conditioningcontrols on the steering wheel, like on my cadillac. Easier and safer.

I would also like to see the shifter moved off the steering wheel and placed in the center. With atleast a5 hopefully a 6 speed, and maybe evena manu-matic.

Also, maybe a double sunroof or an extra large moon roof along with the far rear windows that electronically fold out.

And of course, more horsepower! A Duramax (please GM), and maybe even a LS7 SS version!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 2:40 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

ORIGINAL: gmcul8r
I would also like to see the shifter moved off the steering wheel and placed in the center.
While a console shifter looks a lot cooler,it really gets in the way of Big Gulps, etc in the tray.

Quick Reply: Suggestion for Future Tahoes