Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Suggestion for Future Tahoes

Old February 17th, 2007, 7:18 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Suggestion for Future Tahoes

ORIGINAL: DEI

Oh thats right ZX, I would much rather have a "pretty" vehicle to drive than have one that is actually functional. I forgot where you live all the roads are smooth, no bumps, no traffic to aviod and of course always sunny and 80 so you have your sunroof and windows down all the time....no need to ever adjust the heat.....[sm=yeahsmile.gif] Now lets say it's 30 below, you have a bulky winter jacket on and a thick warm pair of gloves and your driving through 8 inches of snow on an ice covered road, oh and your windows want to fog up.......where's that "pretty" little button again???

I'm sorry, I didn't know you personally designed the dash. I'm just saying I owned an '03 LT and the ***** worked much better for the conditions I live in. Hope you can take itas well as you always seem to dish it out! [sm=smiley2.gif]

What part of the "Auto" HVAC controls are you not understanding how to operate, for me I set it in Auto mode @ 73 degrees and no matter what is going on outside I stay comfy.
Old February 17th, 2007, 10:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My List in order;
1. Fold flat third row seats
2. Fold flat third row seats
3. Fold flat third row seats
4. 2 or more USB connections for integrated cell phone(blackberry)and Ipod interface
5. Bluetooth

I would ask for better gas mileage but we all know that won't happen
The following users liked this post:
omandave (August 10th, 2022)
Old February 18th, 2007, 1:10 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have to say the 4x4 **** isa pain. Took the Tahoe on a 3 hour trip this Friday night. Snow storm the entire way down the hwy. ONe county would have clear roads, then instantly it would be snow covered. So I was switching from auto to 4x4. It was such a bad storm it was not safe to take the eyes off the road. HOwever, I was always worried what actual mode I was in. I would like to see this on my dash rather than trying to look for the tiny **** light! I think this is a must change! First 4x4 I have had that only had a 1mm light on the **** to let you know what mode you are in.
Old February 18th, 2007, 1:28 AM
DEI
CF Junior Member

ZX, I'll type slower this time so you understand....

Let's say the temp is 30 below outside and I want to warm up the Tahoe since I'm cold. I just might have to turn the heat up higher than I usually have it set so the interior will warm up. Now since it's 30 below (not real cold but colder than you might be used too) I'm probably dressed for the weather with a heavy jacket, boots, warm glovesetc. So now when I drive around for awhile and the Tahoe actually starts to warm up I might actually have to set the temp down lower thanI usually have it since I'm warm now. Now add in again thatthe reardefrost, heatedwinshield fluid etc are also located there, I think the ***** worked better. (My Opinion) I'll agree that the auto system works great once you find that comfort zone.But here that might also depend on the outside temp, which might swing 60 degrees during the day, and what you might might be wearing to survive the cold. (And also how quick the Tahoe might warm up)

And since we're beating the whole button/**** thing to death here...if the buttons are so great and better looking why did GM change the four wheel drive buttons to a **** on the 07's? Now if there are two controls that I rarely mess with, this one and the lights are handy ***** that are easy to find, grab and use.....go figure?!
Old February 18th, 2007, 1:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jritchey

My List in order;
1. Fold flat third row seats
2. Fold flat third row seats
3. Fold flat third row seats
4. 2 or more USB connections for integrated cell phone(blackberry)and Ipod interface
5. Bluetooth

I would ask for better gas mileage but we all know that won't happen
I completely agree. My wife's caddy SRX has a folding 3rd row, so I know GM makes them.
Old February 18th, 2007, 5:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On LS models: offer option to get center console or at least improve the storage compartment in the armrest.
The existing one is completely useless since it does not have a cover to close it. So when you want to lift the armrest up, you must remove all your stuff from it first. There is no leg room to put third person in the middle seat anyway. Not that I would ever intend to do so.
Fog lights should be standard on all models.
Second row bench seat: make it a reclining seat instead of fixed.
Improve the look of plastic paneling, especially on the doors lower panels (it looks cheap)
Cup holders in second row are useless when you have a car seat in the middle, which is where I prefer to have it since it's the safest spot for kids.
More storage like pocket for sunglasses, change etc.
Improve windshield washer nozzles to spray where they suppose to (on the glass)
For cloth interior: offer different colors at least for cloth seats for us that can't afford or don't want leather. Titanium and Cashmere are way too light and will get dirty very easily unless we live and drive in sterile environment.
Old February 19th, 2007, 3:36 PM
CF Junior Member

I agree about the small cubby areas for change and sunglasses. Fold flat seats would be great too, especially the 3rd row.
Old February 19th, 2007, 7:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Switch the steering wheel controls. I'd much rather have the radio controls on the left side of the wheel since I drive with my left hand and drink coffee with my right.

Figure out how to keep the *** end clean(er). I'm fairly fanatical about keeping my car clean butI've given up on the hoe.

Don't make buyers buy stupid stuff they don't need or want. I.E. Power lift gate, power fold second row, E85 (total joke), third row seats, XM (can't believe I have stock in XM), yadda, yadda, yadda. All I wanted was a hoe with leather, heated seats, remote start, and 4x4, so I had to buy an LT3 with a bunch of price gouging crap on it. $150+/- for scraps of carpet Chevy calls floor mats, give me a break.

Rant off, all better now.

Oops, I mean, more storage (glove box is for a Yugo), 4wd **** needs a dashindicator and it's own air conditioning, and if you're going to forceme to buy 3rd row seats, make them disappear into the floor so they don't take up a bunch of space in my garage.

Ahhh, that's better.

Dang it, forgot one more thing, childproof second row windows are soooo early 90's.

Ok, All better.

Damn, how about 6 speeds? Or at least 5.

Whew, all relaxed now.

SOB, while the interior looks nice, the fit is an atrocity.

I swear, I'm done.

Damn it. Where's the freaking gas mileage?

Seriously, I'm done.

EDIT #1: NORMAL WINDSHIELD WIPERS!!!!!!

EDIT #2: More ground clearance up front. I'm just waiting for the daya rocksucks my front bumper under.

EDIT #3: The auto position on the headlight switch pisses me off sometimes.

EDIT #4: On Star? Why?
Old February 19th, 2007, 7:52 PM
CF Junior Member

NM, DP.
Old February 19th, 2007, 8:59 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What were you smoking before that post? However, I agree with about 90% of it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suggestion for Future Tahoes