Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Transmission Problems

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Problems

I have an 07 Suburban Z71 with a 5.3 and 4 speed trans. Dealer had to replace sprang clutch two months ago and valve body just last Monday. When sprang went the truck would only move in reverse and 2nd gear. It was ok for a while then it did not want to shift. They fixed those two issues but now when I'm doing about 60-65 @ 1800rpms, the transmission vibrates. Don't matter if in tow/haul mode or in regular mode. As soon as I hit the gas and bring up the rpms, it smooths out. Also when its doing this, the speed O jumps up and down maybe 2mph either way. Anybody have an idea of whats can be doing this? Please, need some help here. my email is dickie1602@yahoo.com if you can let me know. Thanks,, Bruce
Old July 1st, 2011, 1:28 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Dickie1602,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Did you speak with your dealership where you had those other parts replaced at?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 1st, 2011, 3:51 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

The transmission vibration is probably the u-joints or the transmission mount not bolted down.
I would defiantly get it back into the dealer where the work was done....
Old July 1st, 2011, 6:14 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
The transmission vibration is probably the u-joints or the transmission mount not bolted down.
I would defiantly get it back into the dealer where the work was done....
x2

:chug:
Old July 2nd, 2011, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks to anybody who responded. Waiting for dealer to get back to me. I spoke with mechanic at the DPW in the city I work. He used to work for a Chevy dealer and says there were problems with the torque converter not locking up. The vehicle runs smooth until you beging to cruise. Last night I had it on the highway doing about 72-74mph and like I said as soon as it start rolling smooth it begins to shake. It will do it in tow/haul mode, 8 or 4 cyl mode. As soon as you give it even a little throttle input, it goes away. IDK, it's been to the dealer 14 times since November and I'm just getting tired of it. If it's not the trans, it's some warning light. Had the service 4 wheel drive come on 3 times, service air bag twice, and service traction control twice. They have never changed any parts when I take it in, they clear the code and it's good for a while. I've only driven GM vehicles since I started driving and never had issues before. Had 2 S10 Blazers, Conversion Van, Trailblazer, Tahoe, and now the Suburban. Wife had a Cadallic and only had it to the dealer for a seatbelt recall.
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Dickie1602,

Have you spoken with Chevrolet Customer Assistance about your multiple visits to your dealership for these issues?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 11th, 2011, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

i have had a similar problem with my 97 suburban 350. Have a 2 inch lift with big tires. went to smaller tires last time and it reduced the amount of shake but still have it slightly at about 50 mph.