Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Trick Park

Search this Thread

Old September 20th, 2011, 8:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can't trick the park with just a toggle switch in the wire that sends the "park" signal?
Old September 20th, 2011, 9:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Question

Originally Posted by ChevyFreak
If installed correctly (you must tap into the rear camera) you control it via the menu functions on the lock pick itself.
do you mount the lockpick in an accessible spot? I was under the impression you hid it.
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:19 AM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by mercracing
you can't trick the park with just a toggle switch in the wire that sends the "park" signal?
Read post #5.
Old September 21st, 2011, 8:27 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mercracing
do you mount the lockpick in an accessible spot? I was under the impression you hid it.
This is all in the manual, but for reference, you control the lock pick via the steering wheel controls and the DIC (driver information center).

I have the GMX550 on a 2007 Tahoe. So I will post what I do to access my lock pick menu. I would assume it is very similar across the board for the different coastal tech products, and vehicle model's and years.

You push the mute button four times in a row and the lock pick menu will show up in the location that your odometer is currently at. Then you use the arrows on your steering wheel to scroll up and down and select the options you want. One in particular is "rear camera on or off" Once on, it will stay on until you press the mute button twice in a row, or turn the vehicle off.

Once the lock pick is installed, you never have to see it again. You may want to access it to do updates which coastal tech periodically offers, but everything is controlled via your DIC.
Old September 25th, 2011, 3:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
we've all tried cheap tricks to make it work, i had some success w/a VSS interrupt switch... but took it out since it caused other issues.

get the lock pick.

What issues did you encounter?