Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

TRIP # 5 to dealer since new for SAME problem.

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TRIP # 5 to dealer since new for SAME problem.

Monday will mark trip #5 to the dealer for driver's door rattle. they claim they can't hear it, I can... taking the manager for a test drive on Monday, hopefully I can it to rattle.

BBB involved w/my sat nav issue, GM is going to 3 way call them and me for my acceptace of them cutting me a check because the sat nav has the IQ of a 3 month old...

As for the door, I'm no longer mr. nice guy, I hope to film the sound / issue and post it on google / youtube and make it a nice lil DVD for the dealer.

Why, for the love of god, can't they just take the door apart and fix it?!

I bet I know what happened. they pulled the door panel to stop it from squeeking for my 1st complaint (which I had to show them how to fix it) and when they put it back together, something isnt 100% right... now they won't just pop the panel and replace all the parts!

DLKSJFSKLJFLSJDFW GOD, just fix it!!!!!!!!!! i have FOUR service reports about it. I wouldn't take MY freaking time which is worth way more than even the manager's there to bring it in if it WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

words can not express how disgusted, pissed off, stressed out, and jaded I am.

Next time, BMW all the way... I wanted an X5, I really, really did. I can afford an X5... (used) but the insurance for a 26yr old male on the 4.8L 480HP one is $350/month....

I can not justify that! unless I crash every 20 feet (I have never had an accident).

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; October 23rd, 2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These type issue's happen with any MFG, and is definetly frustrating I am sure, keep on the dealer, or go to another dealer.

If your looking to go german, dont forget to look at Merc.

FYI a Stock 4.8L X5 BMW is 355HP perhaps you found a built one w/480 congrats if so.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 11:19 AM
CF Addict

Default Merc BMW

No Mercs... although amazing new, their reliability (according to top gear) has died in the past 5 years
The G wagon is down right pimp!

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...l=X5&trimid=-1

X5 4.8i is 350, you are right.

My mom has the 3.0i X5 and it MOVES. I love driving it. and it towes 6,000 lbs, enough for my 26' boat... and or Jeep on a trailer...

it would have deff fit my lifestyle, just not my car insurance budget

I love my Tahoe, the size, the power, the style, I'm mostly just venting over not being able to fix 1 simple rattle!

My current theory is that when they pulled the door panel to fix some other squeek they didn't put new parts behind something... I read on here not replacing some backing w/new can cause rattle noises
Old October 23rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
CF Active Member

agreed on the door, I took my rear hatch panel off to push out a dimple once, and there was a rattling, I took it off to check and one of the "snap" connectors fell out of its slot. and was rolling loose.

I do agree I have seem lots of issues and poor quality blurbs on MERC. I am on my 2nd /amg(hand built/assembled) and have only had one issue, which was a Recall to replace my AirMatic suspension compressor on my current ML.

My only advise is the more research and "testing" you do with any and all mfg's will get you closure to exactly what fits your desire.

good luck
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
CF Active Member

Run, don't walk away from BMW. I found them to be worse than Mercedes, and the biggest reason (other than the Tahoe is so much bigger) I didn't buy a ML63 is the issues I had with my E55 and their attitude towards fixing it and keeping a happy customer. They all could use a customer service lesson from Lexus. This is fixable, although the Nav issue may not be. How much trouble would it be to try another dealer?
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:11 PM
CF Addict

Default Fixing door

This is there last chance, next time I make an appointment at another dealer...

If GM just built the thing as well as their customer service appoligized, I wouldn't be complaining!

I noticed the driver's door rattle at 6 miles, been in the shop 4x now, monday makes 5...

I don't complain when things work, if they fix this rattle, and with the $ i was offered for the sat nav not working, I am satisfied w/this Tahoe and can honestly reccommend a 2500 silverado to my dad...

I will post the $ amount once I actually have cash in hand, I don't want to say I have something when I don't yet.

And yes, door rattle and sat nav, my tahoe is 100% factory, I have not opened, unscrewed, or changed ANYTHING.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; October 23rd, 2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
CF Junior Member

STS -- Sometimes it just a matter of taking your problem to the right person for the fix. I had a blower installed on my Mustang years ago, and it never seemed to make the right power in the proper RPM range. I took it all around to different tuner shops, and heard that it could be everything from a bad gas sending unit (which was brand new with the kit) to you name it, none of which were the issue. I finally happened upon a shop where I mentioned the problem, and the mechanic said "What are the plugs gapped at?" I had no idea, he checked them out, found out that the gap was too wide and that the sparks were literally being blown out at higher rpms. He regapped the plugs, and it ran like it should have for ever more. (The installation guide never mentioned anything about the gapping of the plugs.)

The moral of the story is that whereas I took the car to race preppers and tuners and turbo and blower guys, each who is good at what he does, not everyone thinks the same way or has the same experiences, and sometimes you just have to keep looking until someone can help you. Same thing with dealers or techs. Yeah, they're all Chevy dealers, but sometimes the individuals can make all the difference in the world. You might take your truck to another dealer, might get half way through explaining the problem, and the guy might interrupt you to tell you that they just fixed the same exact problem 2 days ago. Who knows.

You don't have to go to the same dealer, nor should you if you're getting a bad taste in your mouth. Heck, if these guys are making you crazy (and you're making THEM crazy), do you really want them touching your car anymore?
Old October 23rd, 2009, 1:22 PM
CF Addict

Default agreed

agreed a fresh mine and or pair of eyes can being new ideas to the table. This is the last trip to this dealer.

They have been great, are friendly and very nice, but the issue still remains after 4 trips...
Old October 23rd, 2009, 6:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My selling dealer is over 100 miles away and was great when I first got the Yukon. Since then I took it to a "local" GMC dealer less than 5 miles away and they never fixed anything I complained about (nor were they competent enough to do it)! I ended up going to another GMC dealer 35 miles away across the valley and they fixed everything right the first time (with the same complaints I gave to the other dealer). I now take it to my Chev dealer (10 miles away) who takes care of our Malibu and they take care of everything on our Yukon now also as GM has a "Owner loyalty" thing that they will honor warranties on a second GM vehicle at the Chev dealer so I don't have to drive 35 miles to the GMC dealer across town. Moral of the story "find another dealer that knows what they are doing!"
Old October 24th, 2009, 5:22 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

STS: This probably isn't it but after they removed the left side door panels to reskin the doore, the front one had a rattle that I determined to be caused by the little cover behind the handle that normally snaps in but since the gorilla in the body shop broke one of the tabs, it rattled. A little RTV fixed it. I think they put a new one when they replaced the "slice and dice" door handles for free. (customer appreciation they said since out of warranty)