Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

True Flow Air Intake System

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2006, 4:40 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: True Flow Air Intake System

ORIGINAL: knotacare

I installed the K & N Cold air intake on my 2003 Z-71. Also did a Diabalo tune & increased the trans fluid pressure. I gained 50hp & 30lbs TQ at the rear wheels. My gas mileage went up 12-15% even with 10% ethenol in the fuel. I pull a car trailer & the difference is very noticable.
Alan
So I assume you did a dyno run then right? Numbers sure do sound pretty even. You sure it wasn't your *** dyno?
Old August 20th, 2006, 8:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it was Dyno'd 3 times once before & two after by http://www.aca-performance.com/ I Also installed air lift bags in the rear springs because Tahoe springs can't support anything bigger than an occasional xtra butt. I was quite supraised to by the numbers, but these engines can make lots of hp & tq fairly easy. I am running 295 RWHP & 340 LBRWTQ . By the way I pull a 68 vet with 500HP & 600TQ on a tilt trailer.
Alan
Old August 20th, 2006, 2:50 PM
CF Active Member

Yes it was Dyno'd 3 times once before & two after by www.aca-performance.com/default.htm. I Also installed air lift bags in the rear springs because Tahoe springs can't support anything bigger than an occasional xtra butt. I was quite supraised to by the numbers, but these engines can make lots of hp & tq fairly easy. I am running 295 RWHP & 340 LBRWTQ . By the way I pull a 68 vet with 500HP & 600TQ on a tilt trailer.
Alan
Sorry but until you post up your actual dyno runs then I don't beleive you on picking up 50hp with a cold air intake and a tune.

Also your link doesn't work.
Old August 20th, 2006, 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

I fixed the link. instead of me wasting my time with you . Why don't you e-mail ASA and ask them abouts Alan's Tahoe on the dyno, that way you'll hear it from 2 people or you can come on over & pay for the dyno & see for yourself. That's my Blue 68 vet on the page & my mopar 392 stroker motor also in projects. I would suggest in the future before you question someone to get all your ducks in a row.
Alan
Old August 20th, 2006, 5:53 PM
CF Active Member

I fixed the link. instead of me wasting my time with you . Why don't you e-mail ASA and ask them abouts Alan's Tahoe on the dyno, that way you'll hear it from 2 people or you can come on over & pay for the dyno & see for yourself. That's my Blue 68 vet on the page & my mopar 392 stroker motor also in projects. I would suggest in the future before you question someone to get all your ducks in a row.
Alan
Link still doesn't work.

I don't see how your waisting your time. You come on to a forum claiming to have certain horsepower numbers. Anybody is going to ask how you get the numbers. I guess maybe you expected a "Wow that's super cool" or me to just automaticly beleive you. It's not a big deal. If you don't have proof of what you say then just say I don't have any dyno sheets. I'm still not going to beleive you because their are just too many liers on the internet claiming false numbers. Sorry.

That's like me coming on here saying I run 8s in the 1/4 mile. Don't you think someone is going to ask to see some proof.

And I'm not going to waist my time by going and calling people cause pretty much you ended the coversation by not proving anything which means your didn't make 50hp with a cold air intake and a tune. You lose.
Old August 20th, 2006, 6:24 PM
CF Active Member

I, as a potential purchaser of a product that makes such claims, would want to see proof of such fantastic claims before putting down my hard-earned bux...

I'm with you heaven.
Old August 20th, 2006, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: NCHEVYHEVN

Yes it was Dyno'd 3 times once before & two after by www.aca-performance.com/default.htm. I Also installed air lift bags in the rear springs because Tahoe springs can't support anything bigger than an occasional xtra butt. I was quite supraised to by the numbers, but these engines can make lots of hp & tq fairly easy. I am running 295 RWHP & 340 LBRWTQ . By the way I pull a 68 vet with 500HP & 600TQ on a tilt trailer.
Alan
Sorry but until you post up your actual dyno runs then I don't beleive you on picking up 50hp with a cold air intake and a tune.

Also your link doesn't work.
I've read a few remarks by member NCHEVYHEVNand this guy is a JERK.

I run a Corvette C3 forum (about the size of this forum) and he would have been banned from there by now.
This Chevy forum has: 3158 Registered users have made 6225 posts. There are currently 2443 topics.
My Corvette forum has: 2759 Registered users that have made 62994 posts. There are currently 8545 topics there.

Alan, (knotacare) is one of the better members I have and is very straighforward and honest. Calling knotacare a liar to his face makes NCHEVYHEVN a first rate JERK and Ahole!

I suspect this will be deleted in time, but I had to say my bit.
Old August 20th, 2006, 8:54 PM
CF Senior Member

Not to butt-in on your post davemec, but Jacks77 is right. NCHEVYHEVN is a jerk, if you look at some of the other post on this site, he is telling most of us we are wrong and stupid. I also think he has a big head, and I personally don't really pay attention to what he says. However I will say that for EscalonJon I do see your point. But no one is trying to sell anything on this post and the link does work. To add on a newer car it shouldn't be hard to get 50 hp with a tuner. You just have to have some idea of what you are doing.

davemec as for your question, I can only answer that so well as I don't have a Tahoe, but any intake should help with power, you will have to do some checking or asking to see if it will help with mileage. Tuners are not a bad way to go either, if programed right you should have more power and better gas mileage. (it wouldn't hurt to stay away from a filter that has oil on it either).
Old August 20th, 2006, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the response guys & you're absolutely correct to make 50 xtra HP in these cars is not hard in fact with some new pistons & head work 500+ HP is what they do at ACA quite offen. But that 50 xtra hp & 30 TQ at the rear wheels makes a big difference when you're pulling 5K. It's ashame there's people like nchevhevn & I doubt he even owns a Tahoe or knows how to open a hood. I've probably wrenched on cars longer than he has been alive & owned more than he has ever driven. He must like to sit in front of his computer alot as much as he has posted here. I actually came to this forum seeking info on trailer wiring and got the info in a few days which I was very thankful for. I will check back from time to time & if I can answer someones question I will.
Alan
Old August 21st, 2006, 1:17 AM
CF Senior Member

knotacare
I am pretty sure he dosen't own a Tahoe, if he does it's not a new one. But I do know he works at a dealership, I think that has givin him a big head. But I agree with you, if done right you can get a lot of power out of the newer cars with a tuner alone.
But that's just my thought.

Quick Reply: True Flow Air Intake System