Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

True Flow Air Intake System

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2006, 11:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: True Flow Air Intake System

ORIGINAL: mike85tpi

ORIGINAL: knotacare

Thanks for the response guys & you're absolutely correct to make 50 xtra HP in these cars is not hard in fact with some new pistons & head work 500+ HP is what they do at ACA quite offen. But that 50 xtra hp & 30 TQ at the rear wheels makes a big difference when you're pulling 5K. It's ashame there's people like nchevhevn & I doubt he even owns a Tahoe or knows how to open a hood. I've probably wrenched on cars longer than he has been alive & owned more than he has ever driven. He must like to sit in front of his computer alot as much as he has posted here. I actually came to this forum seeking info on trailer wiring and got the info in a few days which I was very thankful for. I will check back from time to time & if I can answer someones question I will.
Alan
Anything you find on ACA's dyno is suspect.. Those jerks don't know a dyno from the hole in the ground they
made trying to install one. I heard them telling a customer that once they get to that 14.7:1 AFR value at WOT,
they will make the best power.. I saw a car reporting 16:1 AFR values on their dyno and they said it was
excellent. They laughed when the owner retuned it to 13:1 and lost 40hp.. I guess when you own an engine
rebuilding shop, blowing up motors on the dyno is good for business... sigh
I don't know what your background is but from what you've stated I would assume that you have very little knowledge about engines & Dynos ACA has an excellent reputation. Maybe you Dyno'd a car that was in need of work, but to state that (Anything you find on ACA's dyno is suspect..) is completely false. I've seen them due some pretty amazing things on the Dyno & everone isn't happy when the real HP & TQ is stated. Lots of people think there car is much more powrful than it really is & when Dyno'd you get proof.. They probaly have more knowledge in there pinky than you're accured over the yrs.
Alan
Old September 26th, 2006, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: mike85tpi

Thanks for the response guys & you're absolutely correct to make 50 xtra HP in these cars is not hard in fact with some new pistons & head work 500+ HP is what they do at ACA quite offen. But that 50 xtra hp & 30 TQ at the rear wheels makes a big difference when you're pulling 5K. It's ashame there's people like nchevhevn & I doubt he even owns a Tahoe or knows how to open a hood. I've probably wrenched on cars longer than he has been alive & owned more than he has ever driven. He must like to sit in front of his computer alot as much as he has posted here. I actually came to this forum seeking info on trailer wiring and got the info in a few days which I was very thankful for. I will check back from time to time & if I can answer someones question I will.
Alan
Anything you find on ACA's dyno is suspect.. Those jerks don't know a dyno from the hole in the ground they
made trying to install one. I heard them telling a customer that once they get to that 14.7:1 AFR value at WOT,
they will make the best power.. I saw a car reporting 16:1 AFR values on their dyno and they said it was
excellent. They laughed when the owner retuned it to 13:1 and lost 40hp.. I guess when you own an engine
rebuilding shop, blowing up motors on the dyno is good for business... sigh
I don't know what your background is but from what you've stated I would assume that you have very little knowledge about engines & Dynos ACA has an excellent reputation. Maybe you Dyno'd a car that was in need of work, but to state that (Anything you find on ACA's dyno is suspect..) is completely false. I've seen them due some pretty amazing things on the Dyno & everone isn't happy when the real HP & TQ is stated. Lots of people think there car is much more powrful than it really is & when Dyno'd you get proof.. They probaly have more knowledge in there pinky than you're accured over the yrs.
Alan
Sorry, I've been to dozen's of dynos with dozens of cars, and find ACA laughable and unprofessional. Don't believe me, check
with the BBB... http://www.data.bbb.org/scripts/cgii...?zid=ZHLjGkMgL

Old September 26th, 2006, 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

One complaint to the better business bureau is a joke in itself. Dealing with people in business always generates a feww complaints no mater how hard you try & the BBB is a joke
Alan
Old October 22nd, 2006, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Not to rehash a pretty sensitive thread, but I thought this was a better place to post this question than start a new thread. I just bought a used 2004 Tahoe and am in need of a good dynotune. I am using it to tow a race car and need as much power/torque as I can get out of it. Anyone have any suggestions for places in northern california? Thanks!
Old October 22nd, 2006, 7:31 PM
CF Active Member

I am currently getting 700 horsepower from my 2007 LTZ by reversing my tires...[:-][:-]
Old October 22nd, 2006, 7:58 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I put mine in 4x4, it sure feels like it is getting about 640-660HP. Dang near doubled somehow!