Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 27th, 2015, 2:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Unlocking a NAV after installation

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2009, 8:58 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

wth.......is there another dealer nearby that knows how to read instructions?

Sounds like a programming issue....as in it was done wrong. They probably selected wrong options for your vehicle
Old June 5th, 2009, 9:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyway that I could have you talk with them to get it fixed? The closest dealer outside of this one is 200 miles away. I would be happy to compensate you for your time, if you are willing.
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Shawnvw,

I talked with the tech again today. He said that he would get part way through the programming and it would shut down. The code 0 would come up. He had not seen that before. He was expecting to see another number or an asterisk. Does any of this make sense to you?
Old June 7th, 2009, 8:51 AM
Banned

sorry but i'm not giving out personal contact info. If they wish to join the forums I can help through here. I don't know how much more help I can be though. The instructions are very straight forward. I have no idea what the tech is talking about with the 0 and *.

If he is sure that he is programming it properly, there may be an issue with the install
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:06 AM
CF Junior Member

I completely understand about the personal information. I am grasping at anything I can to get this unit to work. I may just end up purchasing a new unit. This is very frustrating. The information you have posted in this forum has been very helpful. I will have the tech that is working on my unit take a look at this forum. To this point, I have just printed things off and brought them in. I hope I don't offend him by asking him to look at some other options. Short of driving for 200+ miles, my options are pretty limited.
Old June 8th, 2009, 9:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Without any part numbers on the outside of the unit, is there a way to determine the part number?
Old June 8th, 2009, 5:12 PM
Banned

you can get part numbers with a tech2
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Shawnvw,

I have been reading some other posts and trying to find someone with a similar problem as mine. I have come across something about RPO codes. Y91 is mentioned frequently, but when I look in my Suburban I do not see Y91 listed. Could this be my problem?
Old June 9th, 2009, 3:33 PM
Banned

you MUST have UQA.........that is an RPO code for an amp. You may also have RPO code Y91 or STZ. These options must be selected when programming the radio or you will have issue with volume control
Old October 26th, 2010, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation

Hi Shawnvw,

I have this SAME issue with my 07 Avy (non-Y91 and UQ3). I just purchased a factory NAV unit from Ebay and one dealer is claiming that the part number is not a valid part number for my year truck, rather the part number is for the Enclave. Therefore there is nothing the dealer can do to unlock the radio. I have a feeling that they were doing the SPS unlock procedure.

Do you happen to know if your fix above (about using the pass-through and the 06 Chevy Monte Carlo) will work in this scenario?

Quick Reply: Unlocking a NAV after installation