Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

USB port not working?

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2012, 1:45 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default headunit

my guess is a new head unit would fix it, but they are NOT cheap.

you could go after market to gain functionality and be cheaper..?
Old April 18th, 2012, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it got to the point that someone said the GM "head" was bad I think I would go the aftermarket route or just leave it as is. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o> </o>
It just seems like it needs to be configured correctly. It's like everything "half works" ... the OnStar phone works but the blue tooth phone does not, the navigation works except it doesn't vocalize the directions (it does however say "proceed to the highlighted route" and "you have arrived at your destination").<o></o>
Old April 25th, 2012, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

The dealers latest theory is that the head unit is not the correct one for the truck. It was a represented to us a dealer installed option.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
Does anyone know of there are two different part numbers for a GM Bose Touchscreen Navigation unit that would fit in a 2010 suburban?<o></o>
<o></o>
It looks identical on the outside to the head units in other 2010 that we have compared it to.<o></o>
Old May 27th, 2014, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

My usb port suddenly quit working, I have a 2011 Cruze and my manual shows where the fuses are located, but I can't see anything that says USB port, is it called something else?,I can change a fuse, don't want to take it to the dealer for that, if someone could tell me where it is, I can check it myself!
Old May 27th, 2014, 12:18 PM
CF Addict

Default wow

Holy cow this thread is old!

I'd suggest you make a new one, and in the Cruze section to get your problem addressed.

And I have no idea how a Nav DVD would affect the USB ports.

GM is to Technology as McDonald's is to fine dining...
Old May 31st, 2014, 6:45 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoulish
My usb port suddenly quit working, I have a 2011 Cruze and my manual shows where the fuses are located, but I can't see anything that says USB port, is it called something else?,I can change a fuse, don't want to take it to the dealer for that, if someone could tell me where it is, I can check it myself!
Hello ghoulish,

I'm sorry to hear about your USB port not working. Have your tried different USB devices to eliminate that it's not a problem? I'd be happy to look further into this, please reach out to me via private message if you would like my assisstance. Thank you!

Andraya (assisting Jessica)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 9th, 2014, 8:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default USB port not working

I have a 2013 Tahoe and mine recently quit working; however, when I wiggle it around it starts working again. I have never unplugged it, so not sure why it would have loosened up just sitting protected in the console glovebox. It is very irritating since I use that to charge my phone as well as listen to music and hear my map routing when I need it.
Old July 9th, 2014, 9:55 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by darob62
I have a 2013 Tahoe and mine recently quit working; however, when I wiggle it around it starts working again. I have never unplugged it, so not sure why it would have loosened up just sitting protected in the console glovebox. It is very irritating since I use that to charge my phone as well as listen to music and hear my map routing when I need it.
Have you tried using a different USB cord, darob62? If that doesn't work, you might have to swing by your dealership so they can take a look at this for you. We're sorry to learn of your frustration and if there's anything we can do to help, just send us a private message.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 9th, 2014, 10:38 AM
CF Addict

Default Can Do

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Have you tried using a different USB cord, darob62? If that doesn't work, you might have to swing by your dealership so they can take a look at this for you. We're sorry to learn of your frustration and if there's anything we can do to help, just send us a private message.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

"Build Better Cars"... is that something you can do?
Old July 9th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by darob62
If you have not already, try a different cord, its possible your cord is bad...

If you are certain its not the cord and its the USB connection make sure noting is bumping into or is resting against the connection in the compartment....

You might also try a can of air duster to blow out the connection to make its not lint or dust...

My bet is on the cord... but its possible the USB connector has weakened due to high current draws causing it to heat up....if that is the case and a different cord and a cleaning doesn't do it the receptacle may need to be replaced...

Quick Reply: USB port not working?