Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
View Poll Results: Do You Have Such An Issue?
Yes
66.67%
No
33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Vibrations in idle? Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2012, 11:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrations in idle? Please Help!!!

First post new user. Hello to everyone. Very interesting forum i just came across and decided to join, hopeing i can get some helpful hints from you owners. Im currently driving my secound chevy tahoe i went from a 2010 to a new 2011 chevy tahoe ltz. And the reason i switched was because of a shake in the truck when in idle. There were a few things done to the truck by my dealership but the issue wasnt resolved so i got rid of it and got into a new truck. My current truck has less than 10k on it and its starting to have the same problem that my old truck had. Im a bit confused here. The mechanics at the dealership have no idea whats causeing the truck to shake like this. Its bad to the point where if your sitting passenger you can feel the twitch in it. So GM got involved, and GM responds by saying this is a common charecteristic of the vehichle... Really??? $60,000 sticker price on that truck and it shakes like that and thats whay i get told???? Im at the point where i want to drive the truck back to the dealership and leave it there and not look back..... but i cant i love the truck too much. I do a lot of long distance driving for work. I go back and forth to Canada from Chicago at least twice a month. Its a great drive, and for a truck that size its great on gas, i fill up once and drive over 450 miles on one tank. And then i pull up to a stop light or im parked waiting for whatever reason, and the truck starts its dance, seems like its listens to its own version of xm radio and dances on me. I dont know what else to do with this damn issue. So im writing this to see what you owners have to say with this issue. Replies greatly appreciated.
Thank You Much.
C.I.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 3:32 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

My 2007 did this and it turned out that a plug wire had come loose. Don't know how as neither I nor service had touched it. Guessing it was installed completely at the factory.

Might run a couple of bottles of Techron thru it.
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:53 PM
CF Beginner

Hey thanks for the reply.

I would be very happy if this probelm was resolved but its been an ongoing issue ive had with two of my Tahoes. I run techron through the gas at least once a month when i fill up. This is a serious issue with my truck. I mean the shaking is bad, especially when im at a stop light or just parked and the truck is running. The service guys have no clue whats causing this to happen. My truck has been in and out of service since Jan.
Old May 30th, 2019, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default vibration when idling

did you check the engine light ? check your spark plugs and wires also your coils and fuel injectors I had the same problem with my 2007 ltz tahoe . I had a misfire on cylinder 6
Old May 30th, 2019, 9:39 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

hope after 7 years theyve solved it but you cant never tell if they dont update
Old July 31st, 2019, 11:28 PM
CF Beginner

Same problem with my 2018. soo frustrated.. idle at stop light is rough. Dealer says normal. No light.. Any suggestions
Old July 31st, 2019, 11:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

7 years ago I'd have said it's normal for this engine. Today, I'm still saying it's normal but after a new passenger side engine mount, it's no longer noticeable in my suburban.
Old August 1st, 2019, 12:22 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to see if the motor mount is bad before I take it back to the dealer? Visual inspection?