Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Welcome to another problem post from my 07 Tahoe!!

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2019, 8:31 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
nope, if the cannister is not plugged leave it...its expensive...the filter is cheap.
will do!
Old March 30th, 2019, 8:30 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2007 suburbans, the worst on record.

Originally Posted by Typerod
Ok, so only a few weeks ago, I had a post about my alternator going bad and replacing it, also had the oil pan gasket replaced due to oil leak...now I have another issue..

2007 Tahoe, LTZ, Flex fuel, ~265K miles.

About last summer I have been having an issue with the Fuel level gauge dancing around, while I'm idle and parked, it can also dance around while I'm driving, only seemed to do it in the hot weather, but it even does it during the cold weather. Since the fuel pump is just fine, I decide to just live with that issue, until absolutely needing to drop the fuel tank for another issue or to replace the fuel pump.

So for the most part, the fuel level gauge works. But there was an instance a few weeks ago where it wasnt working, and my wife forgot to reset the tripometer and reset the fuel used gauges. So when I jumped in the car to move it, I see ohh the fuel level is low, let me be a good husband and fill it up for her. So I head to the gas station, starting filling it up, I'm thinking its near empty, but actually its not empty, its near full.

I did not read your comment. I suggest that you check out a website called Carcomplaints.com, and look up info on Suburbans...then get rid of your money pit ASAP as you will find that the 2007 is the worst year on record. As is often the case when a new generation of a vehicle is released, so are the gremlins associated with it, problems that the manufacturer is fully aware of but they release the vehicle anyway with the plan of dealing with those problems later...some, like your 2007, never get resolved. stops, I'm like thats too fast, its not full, I keep pumping a few more times and the pump keeps stopping, I keep pumping letting it stop. Then I'm like hmm, maybe its really full although the fuel gauge says it was less than 1/4 full. So no biggie, I drive away thinking my wife filled it up, but forgot to reset the gauges.

Fast forward to yesterday, my wife calls and says, the gas pump keep stopping on her. So I told to fill it up as much as she can, the tank was for sure near empty. I told her sometimes its the gas pump, but in my mind I'm praying its not a venting issue. So we run an errand last night, I stopped at a diff. station to experience the problem.

And if I run the pump as fast as it will go, it takes 15 seconds before I start to hear the gas gurgling back up to the fuel filler then the pump stops. I keep testing this theory out and it holds true. I also just set the pump on the slowest it will pump w/o me having to hold the lever, and it will accept gas but it takes a maybe 30 seconds for the pump to stop even though the tank is not full.

About 6-7 years ago I had the P0449 code and replace the evap solenoid and canister. I also do NOT have any CEL right now. My next thought is I may have just pushed the vapor canister past its limit with that gas fill I did where I thought the tank was empty but it wasnt and i kept topping off.

I'm thinking to replace the vapor canister and try to somehow vacuum out the vent lines, to see if any carbon has come out of the vapor canister and has clogged up or is starting to clog up the lines. I read somewhere this guy tried that and was successful, he did not have the know how to drop the tank, nor do I.

I would like to hear thoughts and suggestions. I also heard that there is a "roll-over" sensor somewhere in the tank that may cause this issue as well.

I think I'm in for an expensive repair in the near future....
I did not read your comment for good reason. I suggest that you check out a website called Carcomplaints.com, and look up info on Suburbans...then get rid of your money pit ASAP as you will find that the 2007 is the worst year on record. As is often the case when a new generation of a vehicle is released, so are the gremlins associated with it, problems that the manufacturer is fully aware of but they release the vehicle anyway with the plan of dealing with those problems later...some, like your 2007, never get resolved.