Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2007, 7:55 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think?

I'm trying to decide between 2 tires and wondering if anyone has personal experience with either.
I'm looking that the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor Size: 275/60TR20 and the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO Size: 285/65SR20

Anyone have any other recommendations for an all season tire? I don't do any off-roading but I need something that handles great in the snow and rain.
Old December 11th, 2007, 8:56 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: what do you think?

I've had the BFG TAKO's on my 06 Tacoma and they were one of the best tires i have ever used. They wear forever and they are great for the snow, rain and anything else. Have had good experience with Nitto Terra Grapplers as well. Good luck....
Old December 11th, 2007, 9:07 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Typically I am not a fan of Goodyear light truck tires but their Wrangler Silent Armor is an exceptional tire, I would choose it over the BFG or even the Michelin LTX/AT in this size range of On/Off Road tires and Michelin is my favorite tire brand hands down.

If a less aggressive tire is suitable then the OEM Bridgestone Dueler is actually a well performing tire.
Old December 11th, 2007, 9:34 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Typically I am not a fan of Goodyear light truck tires but their Wrangler Silent Armor is an exceptional tire, I would choose it over the BFG or even the Michelin LTX/AT in this size range of On/Off Road tires and Michelin is my favorite tire brand hands down.

If a less aggressive tire is suitable then the OEM Bridgestone Dueler is actually a well performing tire.
I'm not sure what brand tire I have on my pick-up but it also has the KEVLAR molding and I ABSOLUTELY hate it. If it's goodyear then my question is answered because I have never experienced such a bad ride before. I just bounce all over the place.
Old December 11th, 2007, 11:01 AM
CF Active Member

The BFGoodrich A/T are pretty agressive considering you want an all season tire. I have them, and they are great but I don't think they perform to great on wet concrete. But otherwise they are great tires. I personally like aggresive tires, so they work gret for me.

Also, the 285/65r20s (34.7" tires) won't fit unless you plan on lifting your truck, and you would need to lift it like 4"s. I think you your thinking of the 285/55r20s (32.5"s). Even then, you might have to add a leveling kit to your truck. I did fit them without a leveling kit, but they rubbed pretty bad. But the Z71 wheel wells i think are a little smaller than regular tahoe due to the different bumper, but yours might be fine without one.

I think since you want a less aggresive tire, I think the Bridgestone Revos would be great. My girlfriend has them on her tahoe, and they quite, smooth, and have great traction (on/off road).
Old December 11th, 2007, 6:50 PM
CF Active Member

A/Thas a severe weather (snow/ice) rating that is usually reserved for dedicated snow tires. The '01 that I just traded for the new one had the BF's and not only are they aggressive looking, and performing, but they are smooth on the road and are amazing for stopping and starting on slick roads (rain or snow). It was pretty close to 30,000km on the tires with very minimal wear. Living in Canada, I'll attest to the superior performance these tires have on snow over the stock. You'll love them!
Old December 11th, 2007, 8:09 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had 285/70/R17 BFGs A/T on my 03 Yukon and I got over 61k with them before I traded the truck in (and didn't get new tires!) Great wear, I have only run BFG's on my trucks since I was 16 (and that was a long time ago).

On my 07 Tahoe, I'm running 285/55/20 BFG A/Ts and I havethe 2" leveling kit which is definitelyneeded!I didn't know they made a 65 series in a 20. All I know is that 55 series for me was pretty pricey ($319 each!)

65 series appears to go for $330 each... ouch.
Old December 11th, 2007, 11:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an Idea

If tirerack.com has them, they have consumer ratings posted on their site to give you an idea if there is a persistent problem.
Old December 12th, 2007, 10:51 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: engine2

Just an Idea

If tirerack.com has them, they have consumer ratings posted on their site to give you an idea if there is a persistent problem.

I used tirerack.com to narrow my search. Both tires get good ratings unless you do heavy towing.
Old July 9th, 2008, 2:03 AM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

im pretty sure that is the size im putting on my NBS 2500HD