Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

white replacement grill bowtie?

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2006, 4:24 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: white replacement grill bowtie?

Looks good Biglg. Is it the pics or is the color matcha little off?
Old December 17th, 2006, 5:10 AM
CF Beginner

thats tight i think i gonna do that to my hoe... did you use regular spray paint can ?
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:55 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just used duplicolor paint from walmart. I would buy the adhesive promotor, small can of paint, and a clear coat. All from walmart!

If your tahoe is white, it is hard to find a white paint that is a perfect match. If you look at my pictures you can see the bowtie looks a little dirtier, not as clean or bright of white. I think i bought the brightest white GM can of paint! There was one that was made for Foreign cars that was a brighter white. I think it may have actually been closer. The only other option would be go to the dealer and have them order you an exact match!
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:59 AM
CF Addict

You guys think the white looks better than the billet bowtie I have here in these pictures? I have purchased another bowtie and will be looking for a closer match white paint if i stick with the white. Here is the billet bowtie pics. Which one do you guys think looks better?

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/9292E01961F344B185ED8BED3AD035C3.jpg[/IMG]
Old December 17th, 2006, 12:06 PM
CF Veteran

White looks better.

If you are taking the time to paint these, get the right paint. There are numerous companies on line that put the right paint in spray cans for you. I was having trouble finding anyone that had over-the-counter Sport Red Metallic. I ordered mine onlineand it will be here tomorrow. $19 for the can and 6 to ship. I will only put it on the outside of the vehicleif it matches right!
Old December 17th, 2006, 6:47 PM
CF Addict

I dont know about the $25 can of paint that tahoe07 is talking about! Can you tell us where you got it from, or where to look to find it. But you can get it from your dealership in a spray can. It is around $10 from the dealer! I ordered mine last week to paint another bowtie so it does factory match. The dealership will probably have to order it. They said it would take around 10 days to get??
Old December 17th, 2006, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

are u doing the rear bowtie as well? does it look weird if u dont? can u show pics if u did the rearbowtie..
Old December 17th, 2006, 7:17 PM
CF Addict

I didnt do the rear! I ripped the rear gold one off. I tried to gently remove it however gentle wasnt an option. I ended up taking it off in about 100 pieces. Underneath the REAR gold bowtie is a chrome bowtie. You just yank, cuss, pull, hammer, cuss, and pull the gold top cover off, then remove the tape and you have a chrome bowtie underneath.
Old December 18th, 2006, 2:04 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Auto paint stores will charge a spray can with any factory color here in KC. Last time I got one, it was about $12.

Have you considered painting the exposed chrome rear bowtie? There is a clear primer for chrome.
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Where did you get the chorme replacement bowtie for the front? Do you have to take the billet grille off to install it? Thanks!

Quick Reply: white replacement grill bowtie?