Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wierd problem with turn signals and radio... 07 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2012, 4:53 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> nvrflw,

The dealer is correct, that may have caused the problem. There are different navigation units for different years of vehicles. The 2008 navigation units are different than the 2010 - 2012 units. There are also different navigation discs for specific vehicles. For example, the 2011 navigation disc that is available for the 2008 Silverado is only compatible with DTS, SRX, Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, H2, Silverado and Sierra vehicles.

I'm sorry you had to take the unit out. If you are interested in a unit for your vehicle year, your dealer should be able to assist you.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 12th, 2012, 5:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man I feel sorry for what happened to your nav unit
did you try to do what I did?
mine never gave me problems at all after that!!!
Old May 30th, 2020, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Photios
I've got a very wierd problem that has now happend twice with my 07 Tahoe.

For no apparent reason, while driving and using the turn signal, no sound comes on while it is blinking. I stopped the Tahoe to make sure that the actual external lights were blinking, and indeed they were, and also, the green arrow on the console was blinking too, however, there is no blinking sound emitted. So, after stopping the truck, and going into a store, 15 minutes later ... everything was fine again. I got the blinking sound when turning on the signal indicators. Now, yesterday, this happened again, and to top it off, my nav radio shut it self off too (I could not turn it back on when pushing power,etc). I was going to the grocery store at the time. When getting out of the store, my blinkers work fine again, and so does the radio. This is so wierd.

Any ideas?
i had the same problem and had to replace the radio....so far everything is working again !
Old October 24th, 2020, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had the problem with no sound from radio, blinkers, chime. Solved it.

AMP fuse
Old October 24th, 2020, 12:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Good idea to check all this out: https://www.fixmyoldride.com/Chevrol...pos=3&at_tot=4