Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

XM messed up Again!

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2008, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM messed up Again!

Has anyone Else had problems w/ XM radio's billing?

It was time to renew my service for the first time, so i called and told them to bill me for one month. I got an e-mail conformation that I was being billed $12.95 or so. Looked At my Bank account and they billed me $30 somthin dlls. So I called complaining and got reimbursed and also got another thee months free. When the three months where about to be up called and cancelled, they said "O.K. done, but do want another three months free" so I said yeah. Looked at my bank account again and they screwed up and charged me $12.95 which made me overdraw twice (not my primary bank acct.). I spoke w/ a manager, she said "send in your statement to see what we can do". They finally got back to me and said sorry they didn't have any records of me calling to disconnect my service. to make a long enough story short she made it seem like i wasn't getting reimburse because I had it for free since JULY. So now im disputing it w/my bank. Their final answer was NO and somehow the deposited $36 Dlls in my Acct. Don’t know what that was for.
KEEP records of who and when you spoke w/ someone. I always do, but didn't help me this time. XM SUX - oh yeah will be calling back to try and get another 3 months free.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 9:43 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts
Default RE: XM messed up Again!

Does being free make it suck less?
Old February 23rd, 2008, 2:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Always get the name of the person you are speaking with and a confirmation number.
Old February 25th, 2008, 8:52 PM
CF Junior Member

I agree. I hate XM too. It drops out ALL the time! I wonder when the merger happens if our radios will be able to handle the sirius. Its a pain in the *** having two tuners in the car!

Old February 26th, 2008, 2:11 AM
CF Beginner

73shark it doesn't suck any less. The sound quality sux.

Pablo422 I also hate that you can't be near a big building or go under an overpass without it cutting off. I do like the large variety of different stations (sports, news, etc...), but I wouldn't miss them.
Old February 26th, 2008, 10:31 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll notice that all the talk of a merger between XM and Sirius has vanished.There won't be a merger, the deal is dead.

I primarily listen to the news and sports channels on XM and that's worth a lousy $12 to me.
I am picky about my music and listen to CD's and my MP3 player, I have never been much to listen to a smorgasbord of music offerings on the radio or satellite radio.
Old February 26th, 2008, 9:11 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Mine hardly ever drops out. I was in a parking garage the other day and could still listen to it. Don't know how but it was still there.
Old April 13th, 2008, 7:26 PM
CF Beginner

I have had XM since June 2004, they are a mess. Any time I purchase a new vehicle, or
make any changes billing is all fowled up. If you are in a medium sized city or larger XM
will have a local fill in transmitter that will allow you to have service when satelite signal
is blocked.
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm "serious" about switching to "Sirus". XM has all these baseball channels, but, most men are football fans. I WANT NFL !!! And Sirius has NFL. Bye bye XM