Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Yukon 07 Battery completely dead

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2011, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Yukon 07 Battery completely dead

Even key less entry is not working. I tried to jump start using a portable battery unit, that did not work. I called the dealer and he said its most probably a battery issue and needs replacing. he indicated that if the battery is completely dead, then it will not take charge and wont start.

I'm leaning towards getting a new battery. Any suggestions on brands or capacity for this type of car?

Thank You in advance.
Old April 27th, 2011, 3:41 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Size (physically) and how much you want to spend are your only limits....
I'd personally put another AC/Delco back in if you are not running any fancy accessories otherwise you might consider the Optima..
Old April 27th, 2011, 8:08 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

I've had good luck w/ Sam's batteries.
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:48 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just replaced my battery on my '07 SILVERADO LT1 NBS after 3.5 years of service
it started to go bad about 3 months ago, I couldn't leave the radio on for more than the 10 min that RAP allows you or it would just die on me, but I was able to jump start the truck like nothing, but I knew it was just a matter of time before I was in the middle of nowhere with a dead battery, so I got me an optima from advance autoparts for $227.19 'cause I think it was on sale, it has 36 months free replacement, I think I couldn't go wrong with this one, and so far I'm so happy with it!!!
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Administrator

That sucker better last at least 12 years to equal a $70 four year battery.

Nice looking truck.
Old April 28th, 2011, 7:56 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by 73shark
That sucker better last at least 12 years to equal a $70 four year battery.

Nice looking truck.
Well I don't buy my stuff at walmart period

Last edited by QUETRANPA; April 30th, 2011 at 9:01 AM.
Old April 28th, 2011, 8:18 AM
Administrator

I'm pretty sure it's the Interstate brand batteries that Sam's carries and I agree they are pretty reliable.
I have been told that the AC/Delco's can be a bit harder to get sometimes as dealerships have first priority over them.
2-3yrs is a typical range of life span for a Battery here is Texas, I have already had my original replaced. ( Oct of 09)
I think the replacement battery is acting up now too as it seems it spends a lot of time on the plus side of 14 charging... I have had to jump start it once already about 3 weeks ago but wrote it off to having the radio on for too long...
I have a service appointment coming up in May for oil,rotate, state inspection and trans servicing and I will have them check it out then....

I have done a performance test on the battery and charging system and all checked okay, showed battery health at 100% but showed its charge state as about 50%. I guess its possible the charging system could be at fault but the test results looked good...
Old April 28th, 2011, 9:54 AM
CF Senior Member

I replaced our original recently with the Duralast Platinum from Autozone. I have good luck with their batteries and easy replacement if needed. It was pricey though - around $170. but has way more CCA and CAs over the stock battery and has similar insides as the Optima ones
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Default Midtronics Micro 500XL

Here is a copy of my current battery, approximately 18mo old , its an AC Delco with a paltry 615cca thou it tested out at 619cca....
Its the state of charge that concerns me... I have charged it a few times but it still seems a bit on the low side...
Attached Thumbnails Yukon 07 Battery completely dead-image0.jpg  
Old April 28th, 2011, 5:11 PM
Administrator

Not sure what Walmart has to do w/ anything. There's plenty of batteries out there for under $90. I just mentioned Sam's cuz I've had good luck w/ their batteries.

BTW every AC/Delco battery I've ever had in a new vehicle has just made it past the 3 yr warranty except for the 2007 and it died after about 2.5 years. I attributed that to the new charging system GM came up with.

Quick Reply: Yukon 07 Battery completely dead