Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Yukon 07 Battery completely dead

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2011, 8:34 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well yes but I mentioned walmart 'cause I guess they have them cheap and with the 3 yrs warranty, but I just don't mess with my truck like that, I just wanted something good
but nothing against people buying at that place at all, actually the last battery I got was from there about 7 yrs ago for a ranger that I had, but now days I just avoid going there that's all
Old April 29th, 2011, 3:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I would agree with those suggesting the AC Delco replacement battery. You should be able to get it from the dealership but if not you should also be able to find it online at www.acdelco.com. I hope this helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 30th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I put mine on the the charger for the past couple of days as time permitted and it seems to be doing much better, the vehicle charge indicator is now well below the 14v mark after driving for a short distance... For what ever reason maybe short trips the battery just wasn't getting fully charge... will monitor it for a few more weeks, will asked my service writer to check it out next month when I take it in for regular servicing...
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

in2pro, hopefully you and your service writer will be able to get to bottom of the issue for you. I also hope that it is a simple fix as well. Keep us posted! Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I noticed your conversation involving our batteries and I wanted to offer some assistance. Since a couple of you have mentioned jump-starting, I should mention that anytime a battery is discharged to the point where it needs to be jump-started, it is a good idea to fully-charge the battery with a battery charger as soon as possible. Most alternators are designed to maintain batteries, not recharge deeply-discharged batteries. Asking that task of an alternator can lead to a cycle of dead batteries and jump-starts, until either the battery or alternator fails.

Whenever any battery is discharged below 12.4 volts, sulfation occurs inside the battery and diminishes both capacity and lifespan. That is why it is a good idea to make sure vehicles that only see occasional use have quality battery tenders or maintainers.

in2pro, the most-accurate way to measure battery voltage is directly at the terminals. Ousig2408, Optima batteries are a SpiralCell, AGM design, which is a different design internally than any Duralast battery. QUETRANPA, I'm glad to hear you've been pleased with your Optima battery. If anyone has any questions about our batteries, I'll do my best to answer them.

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
www.facebook.com/optimabatteries
Old May 6th, 2011, 1:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the info Jim. I know the Optima is different than the duralast and most other regular batteries but the Duralast Platinum that I got actually does have AGM technology also. At least that was what I was told and have read some about them. It seems they are a very new design that Duralast is putting out.
Old May 9th, 2011, 8:43 AM
Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While both batteries may share AGM technology, Optima's design results in about 30 internal parts, where traditional flat-plate batteries can have more than 120 internal components. At the risk of sounding like a battery nerd, one of our internal components is a continuous cast strap, which joins adjacent cells and eliminates welds, which add resistance and corrosion points between the cells. A cast strap is unique to Optima, proprietary, more expensive, and more difficult to manufacture, but it is a process that gives superior performance. A larger and/or better-designed, manufactured or connected strap will allow better high-current flow due to lower internal resistance, which can be reflected in the CCA rating. This also allows the Optima design to use taller cells, which results in more active material.

Our grid alloy is one of the most corrosion-resistant alloys in production. The high purity of the alloy and it's simple, binary composition also minimizes gas generation. Typical wet or flat-plate AGM batteries use grid alloys that contain three or four elements, which results in lower overall purity and gassing characteristics that are not as good as Optima's binary lead alloy. As a result, Optima batteries will have less corrosion at elevated temperatures and less water loss, when compared to conventional wet or flat-plate AGM products. If anyone has any questions about our batteries, I'll do my best to answer them.

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
www.facebook.com/optimabatteries