Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2007 Instrument Cluster Repair

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2018, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we posted a pic and waiting for moderator to approve the post, anyway its a PIC with which pins to power up if you want to test your cluster out of vehicle to determine if you have a cluster or vehicle issue, with that said if you any questions please contact us. We fix hundreds of these and have one of the best reputations out there! We also can reprogram mileage if you already replaced your cluster with a used one or help get rid of the Odometer Error message!

Old May 14th, 2020, 5:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2004 suburban instrument cluster capacitor value

My 2004 suburban instrument cluster was flaking out, flickering on and off. A smack with my hand would bring everything back on and powered up. Eventually, it would not come back to life. I pulled the cluster and opened it up, assuming I had a bad solder joint somewhere. Well, this capacitor was floating free! He is labeled C359 on my circuit board, near where the transmission temp stepper motor would be if I had one. I need a new one as the legs are snapped off too close to the body to solder back on as is. My question is what is the value of the capacitor? I do not know electronics enough to read it easily. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

2004 suburban instrument cluster capacitor
Old May 24th, 2020, 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a 10uf 63v electrolytic capacitor. The black marking on the top of the cap indicates the - (neg) terminal. Electrolytics have a polarity and a replacement must be installed the same way. Any 10uf with a 63 volt or higher rating should work as long as it physically fits. . Try Mouser.com for a replacement
Old June 28th, 2020, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

I would very much like to get a pic of the Cluster connector! I reviewed the thread, but couldn't find your pic. Can you PM it to me? Thanks.
Old June 29th, 2020, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is where my broken solder was located.
Old June 29th, 2020, 11:05 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 07 suburban with dark DIC and PRNDL displays. I have read the thread.

Does anyone have the following info?
A harness diagram of what pins to power up to test the cluster repair? Also which ones to test steppers?
I am also looking for info pref a part number for the 100ohm resister R92 and the driver chip. I have the mosfet part number.
I am asking as I want to get all the possible parts that could be wrong as it's over 115 degrees in AZ so I don't want to go back outside with it until I know it's fixed and working right.
Old June 30th, 2020, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

anyone have any of this info? I could really use some help before I tear into this.
I found a cluster pigtail from an 08 tahoe. I also found a video that had the pinout. BUT bad news is he called out two rows of twelve pins and the harness pigtail I got only has two rows of ten pins.
In any case does anyone else have pinout data? is there a difference between an 07 suburban and an 08 tahoe? Here is what I found.

For 2003 - 2006 vehicles.
Cluster connector from the back
A12 ——— A1
B12———- B1

A1 Mil Lamp------------ B1 Turn V+
A2 Wait to start --------B2 Blank
A3 Washer Fluid ------B3 Blank
A4 Tach -----------------B4 Steering
A5 Speedo -------------B5 Wheel
A6 Data Line ----------B6 Controls
A7 Blank----------------B7 Fuel Signal from BCM
A8 Blank----------------B8 Blank
A9 Brake/ABS --------B9 B+
A10Blank-------------- B10 Blank
A11 IPC lights --------B11 B+
A12 IPC lights Gnd. B12 GND

Does anyone have the pinout for 2007-2014 vehicles?

How does this compare with your findings? I hope that somebody would respond to my posts.

Last edited by Draxarian; July 3rd, 2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

Can anyone please respond that has the connector pinout information for a 2007 Suburban?
Old July 6th, 2020, 11:17 AM
CF Beginner

Just an FYI Apparantly DFW Cluster repair has gone out of business as their phone number is no longer answered or are emails returned.
Old July 6th, 2020, 6:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if youy are looking for parts...york instruments does the repairs for gm in Ontario, Canada. Not sure who does it in the USA

Quick Reply: 2007 Instrument Cluster Repair