Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Replacement of Power liftgate module or motor on 2008 Suburban

Old August 6th, 2017, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement of Power liftgate module or motor on 2008 Suburban

We replaced the power lift gate module, lift gate motor, and power lift gate lock actuator on our 2008 Chevy Suburban today. However, when we try to use the key fob or button in the vehicle NOTHING happens. Any ideas as to what could be the problem?
Old November 26th, 2019, 2:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever find an answer to this?

i bought my suburban with the lift gate actuator arm missing and I’m not sure why the previous owner would have removed it.

when I hit the button for auto lift gate open on my FOB, the rear taillights blink and nothing happens.

when it’s open and I hit the auto close button on the gate, I can hear the motor run and if I lower the gate slowly it will play the warning tones for the auto close function.

after it closes, I can hear the actuator assembly make a slapping noise as if it lets go all at once. I’m assuming this is a clutch releasing and the whole
mechanism flips because the actuator rod is missing.

i hate to spend the money on parts when I’m not sure if it’s going to be operable afterward.

all the answers I found pointed to the latch assembly somehow being the problem.