Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

'02 Tracker ZR2 Front Grille ...

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2013, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 Tracker ZR2 Front Grille ...

I bout an OEM front grille for my "02 ZR2 because the old one had cracked and faded severely.

On the passenger side of the old grille, around the headlight shroud(?) on the inside of the grille, there are two pieces of rubber. One along the top and one on the right side. On the bottom inside, and along the right outside of the same passenger side shroud(?) there is a thin strip of black "sponge".

I'm sorry about the vagueness of all that. I don't know how else to describe it. I wish I had a camera to take pics ....

Anyways .... These odd bits of rubber and sponge are ONLY on the passenger side of the grille's headlight shroud. They were not on the driver's side.

The new grille does not come with any of these rubber and sponge bits.

Do I have to buy these separately? Should they have even been there in the first place? Why only the passenger side headlight shroud and not the driver's?

Thanks if you can help me with any of this. I'll greatly appreciate the info and/or opinions.
Old June 15th, 2013, 8:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, thanks for at least viewing my question. I see several people have.

I wish I could have described it better. My apologies. Perhaps that's why no one knows.

If I ever find an answer on the internet, or perhaps a local garage, I'll post my finding in this thread.

Thanks anyways. :-)