Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

No start

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2024, 2:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The biggest problems were the top rows 1 and 2. My laptop is broken, and I’m trying to reply on my phone.

If you have questions, just reply back.
Old June 2nd, 2024, 2:44 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 68 Posts

>> If you have questions, just reply back.

My first question is what led you to C1?
Old June 2nd, 2024, 5:51 PM
CF Junior Member

previous issue among many, what I haven't said this car has survived two major floods along with some of my other vehicles and my home is now three cinder blocks higher! but people smart people won't touch a flood car but there mine. And they all are older simple. Thanks for your help I needed to start from the beginning and use the scientific method! its doing fine again and had a lot of miles since Harvy
Old June 2nd, 2024, 8:09 PM
CF Senior Member

From the picture it looks like pins C1-2 and C1-9 were two of the pins repaired. Those are the ones I would suspect. The Main relay feeds power to the injectors.
Old June 2nd, 2024, 9:32 PM
CF Junior Member

you have gone into detailed diagrams of different wiring harnesses in the past 101 I Rember, do you have the diagram of the harness that leads to the computer plug that i was dealing with?
Old June 3rd, 2024, 5:24 AM
CF Senior Member

While Chevy uses a location discriptor (C1), Suzuki uses a functional identifier (E61) where "E" is the main harness so E61 is the 61st connector on the Main harness. The "C" harness is the engine harness.

This is the harness map for my 2.5 liter V6. Your 2.0 liter would be similar.
Old June 4th, 2024, 4:50 AM
CF Junior Member

that's perfect! You are a big asset to this tracker forum! Thank you, SKY, i have started logging some miles on the Tracker. I had a code for coolant sensor, I had left a little lose at sensor, now I have one for fuel tank pressure sensor. highlighting the fact i need my own scanner!once i can get about 100 miles im ready for state inspection. THANKS AGAIN SKY!!!
Old June 4th, 2024, 6:03 AM
CF Senior Member

Congratulations on getting your engine running again. What was actual damage to the C1 connector? Was it corrosion on the pins due to water intrusion? If so, is that going to be a problem for all the other connectors on the car?
Old June 5th, 2024, 4:57 AM
CF Junior Member

I'm afraid it's a combination of both! those poor connectors have been plunged and unplugged more than the average vehicle, but the first wire did break there. I have done and been through to many flood recoveries and I was quick to strip and dry the vehicle's unfortunately on my recent inspections while trying to fix the tracker i did spot some of the dreaded green wire at the back connection of the fuse junction block, I took all proper actions to clean and protect the situation. And yes, I'm starting to think the tracker is starting to protest its harsh life!
Old June 5th, 2024, 6:21 AM
CF Senior Member

>> I'm starting to think the tracker is starting to protest its harsh life!

You got it running this time. I'm confident you'll rise to the challenge next time.

Quick Reply: No start