Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

No start

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2024, 10:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok I think I'm going to concentrate on getting my tracker running and hold on the scanner, but I'm definitely better educated on the subject when it's time to buy scanner.it seems my tracker is not communicating to my loner scanner, I did the power and ground test on the OBD plug and it passed that test. while under the dash I saw some potential issues, that I'm going to sort out and then I will let you know where I stand. hopefully I'm onto something maybe a cure!
Old May 28th, 2024, 9:25 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 68 Posts

>> my tracker is not communicating to my loner scanner
If it turns out to be a bad PCM, ebay usually has salvage computers a a reasonable price.
Old May 28th, 2024, 11:05 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You should make sure all fuses and relays related to the ECM and the OBD system are in good shape and working properly. A blown fuse or a bad relay could mess up communication and affect important systems.
Old May 28th, 2024, 10:39 PM
CF Junior Member

thanks again SKY, good advice as usual I'm looking forward to getting back to the TRACKER now that the Memorial Day weekend is over!I have built quit a reference book for the tracker using your posts and diagrams I will keep the forum updated until it starts and runs!
Old May 29th, 2024, 10:25 PM
CF Junior Member

good news after some
Old May 29th, 2024, 10:33 PM
CF Junior Member

the tracker now starts and runs while spraying carb cleaner. I will get more time to explain what I found tomorrow after a little more checking the fuel system
Old May 30th, 2024, 5:45 AM
CF Senior Member

>> tracker now starts and runs while spraying carb cleaner.

At least you know the CMP sensor and ignition system are working.
Old May 31st, 2024, 8:48 PM
CF Junior Member

great news thanks to L84sky and pierregirard,and chevroletforum,my tracker now starts and run fine I'm going to keep this short because my lap top is cutting me off before i can finish! but I'm going to a friend's house and will go into this whole crazy story a bring it closure finally THATVTO ALL I WILL BE BACK!!!!
Old June 1st, 2024, 10:30 PM
CF Junior Member

long story short, the real problem was with the computer plug connector C1. it had wire issues! so I depinned the whole connecters wires. I mentioned we had a used replacement computer I found online, luckily it had the plugs with a portion of the wires. I was able to use some of those wires to fix the bad ones. I connected and heat shrank them together and rebuilt the connecter Thats when it would start with carb clean, I realized I was using the original computer, I switched and bingo it started!!!that's the condensed version THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONES HELP!
Old June 2nd, 2024, 6:10 AM
CF Senior Member

Do you recall which wires were damaged?

Quick Reply: No start