Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

No start

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2024, 4:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put almost 500 miles on it since you helped me get it running, thanks again! I'm currently trying to pass emission inspection, code PO 450.EVAPORTIVE SYSTEM PROBLEM. I know that's one of the wires that I delt with at the computer and I'm doing my homework on the system and the diagnostic's. I will keep you updated!Hey sky if you see this i ordered and got a new scanner AUTEL-MAXIICOM MK808S-TS. online and it didn't work from the box and I'm trying to get situation resolved
Old June 23rd, 2024, 5:05 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 68 Posts

P0450 is a bad voltage on the FTP signal wire.

Put a voltmeter on C1-27. If it reads near 5 volts you probably have an open wire. A normal reading with the gas cap removed would be around 2.5 volts. Pray it's an open wire because that 3-pin FTP sensor is not available anywhere.

>> got a new scanner AUTEL-MAXIICOM MK808S-TS. online and it didn't work from the box
I am considering that same scanner. Let me know what you think about it.
Old June 23rd, 2024, 5:10 PM
CF Junior Member

your the best thank you I will definitely keep you posted!!!
Old June 28th, 2024, 6:42 AM
CF Junior Member

sky did I tell you I'm old and blind? i repined two wires # no 27 and 28 were one box to the left. I moved them and light problem solved.!!! but I'm now having o2 sensor codes, I think my depinning process may have compromised their connections on some of the pins. I sent the scanner back for a full exchange looking forward to that i hope i can sort this all out but i won't quit now thanks again SKY!!!
Old June 28th, 2024, 8:05 AM
CF Senior Member

>> did I tell you I'm old and blind?

I'm old too but I'll keeping working on my Tracker until I can't contort my body into tight spaces.
Old Yesterday, 9:32 PM
CF Junior Member

hey, ski my tracker still runs! with a few glitches so I decided to strike a deal with a guy here in Houston that has several trackers in his junk yard. I purchased a complete wiring harness from him everything from the seats forward to the headlights. That took me a while to extract! and it was a more optioned truck i even got the computer. i bought the whole thing for 100.00 dollars and he has more parts available. I have his contact info! my question is do you have a detailed set of instructions for the removal of the main wiring harness along the fire wall? it took me forever to get it out! Ilike the autel scanner and I'm learning how to use it.
Old Today, 6:10 AM
CF Senior Member

>> do you have a detailed set of instructions for the removal of the main wiring harness

I do not.

This is the best picture of the firewall routing I have.
Old Today, 7:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks Sky what I was looking for is the main harness inside the truck along the firewall,dash removal??? I managed to remove the donor harness but there were some places where I was rough with the dash and I didn’t want to do that with my vehicle!
Old Today, 8:25 AM
CF Senior Member

That looks like way more than just the Main harness.

Suzuki breaks the wiring down into 12 distinct harnesses. The Main harness is just one of the 12. All of the Main harness connectors start with a designation of "E" as in E61 going to the PCM (connector C1 in Chevy speak). I have never removed the dash from my Tracker so I can't be much help there.