TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

05 trailblazer crank no start

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2021, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 trailblazer crank no start

My son recently bought his first car the guy that he bought it from told him that it just needs a fuel pump. So we put in a new fuel pump there’s about a quarter tank of new fuel in it. If the truck sits for a few days it will start briefly and stall after about 30 seconds after that all it will do is crank no start if I hold the pedal to the floor it will try to start but nothing more than a second. It has spark and it holds about 55-60psi fuel pressure even through cranking. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old July 5th, 2021, 6:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have a code reader? You can get a decent one at any auto parts store. What codes does it give you? It has spark and decent fuel pressure, so the first two things that come to mind are timing or a plugged catalytic converter. Usually, though, a plugged cat will allow the engine to start, but there will be very little power due to excessive back pressure. Definitely check for codes and post them here. There are a number reasons an engine won't start.
Old July 6th, 2021, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboy2610
Do you have a code reader? You can get a decent one at any auto parts store. What codes does it give you? It has spark and decent fuel pressure, so the first two things that come to mind are timing or a plugged catalytic converter. Usually, though, a plugged cat will allow the engine to start, but there will be very little power due to excessive back pressure. Definitely check for codes and post them here. There are a number reasons an engine won't start.

Its not throwing any codes I do have a scanner I will check the cat today thank you for the advice