TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2008 Tralblazer Weird error light -posting while I'm on the road.

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2010, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Tralblazer Weird error light -posting while I'm on the road.

Hi everyone! Just joined the forum.

I bought my 2008 trailblazer a couple months ago, and it didn't come with a manual for me to look this stuff up.

Im currently on the road right now (some one else is driving), and a weird error light has appeared on the dash. It's a wrench with what looks like four wheels and axles ( like the underbody stuff of my car). My BF thinks it might be a "drive train" symbol. Can anyone tell me what this error means? Do we all need to pull over and call a tow truck, or what? My car sounds fine, and the only problem we had was that earlier today it looked like the nitrogen in the tires was a little low ( on account of the cOld snow).

If anyone knows what this error is, or a direct link to where I could find out more, I'd appreciate it. I'm doing this from my phone, so I'm having some difficulty browsing some of the chevy car help websites...
Old December 26th, 2010, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The light you describe is the Service Four Wheel Drive warning light. My manual says to have the problem diagnosed at a dealer but doesn't describe exactly what the problem might be. The manual also states that the warning may come on before there is any thin apparently wrong with the four wheel drive system.

Googling this topic I found several things that could cause the problem. They include a problem with the transfer case, low fluid in the transfer case due to a leak or damage, inability of the transfer case to engage the front wheels, cracks in the wiring harness that allow moisture into the wiring, and a failure of the switch that turns on the warning light.

Last edited by Ear Mountain; December 26th, 2010 at 7:57 PM.