TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Air conditioner problem and noise

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2012, 3:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air conditioner problem and noise

Hello.

I have a trailblazer LT 2006.
Since last winter, there is a clicking noise like "drrrrrrr..." inside air-front vents or dashboard only for about 5 sec, starting car or turning it off.
When I change the direction of heat or cool air, it sometimes sounds.
These days, the cool air does not blow out from front vents no more. OMG!
But, it can do only from floor vent and back seat.
Searching the Internet, I am confused because someones are saying the exchange the ac compressor, but others are saying just cleaning the fan under dashboard.
In fact, I don't know about car well, so I would like to go to car center to fix it.
But, I would like to know the other good way or the exact reason about the problem. And, is it expensive?
Please help me!
Thanks for attention.
Old March 27th, 2012, 8:45 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. There may be a blower motor issue. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. A certified technician will be able to offer additional information after an inspection.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 28th, 2012, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your help