TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Should I buy a TrailBlazer?

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2015, 8:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy a TrailBlazer?

I am a confirmed (S-10) Blazer nut, and still have my 01 Blazer. But, I have an opportunity to purchase a cherry 06 TrailBlazer LS 4WD for a not bad price. It has been professionally maintained and garaged, and supposedly runs very well. (It is at the other end of the state and I am researching before driving down there) The pictures indicate a very nice looking vehicle. What do you think, are TB's a good car? Pros/cons... Thanks for your help!

TM
Old September 11th, 2015, 11:06 AM
CF Monarch

Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

Supposedly runs well is a troubling statement. Until you see it for yourself, don't believe it. I had an 03 Trailblazer and was not happy with it at all. It had a nice ride but everything went wrong with it. I would not buy another one. Maybe that is why it was discontinued.
Old September 11th, 2015, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

My 03 Trailblazer went thru wheel bearings faster than gas. They suck gas down quickly. I never saw more than 18 mpg. They are common for the fan clutch to need replacement also. Otherwise I drove it for 9 years from new and sold it with 165,000 miles on it. Not too bad IMHO.
Old November 24th, 2015, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

Just my thoughts on this incase you did or didn't buy this Trailblazer you speak of. I have a 2004 EXT model Trailblazer and have owned it for 6 years now. Purchased it used with 48,000 miles and it has been a great runner. I have done all the regular maintenance on it myself. Other than a crazy wiring issue that was caused by a bad ground that even confused the dealership I use when issues cannot be fixed myself it has been a good vehicle to me. I have a Power steering leak right now, it is slow but not sure where it's coming from yet. Will have the dealer check it out for me to see if it is going to be a big expense. Engine runs great with 127,900 miles on her. I use Synthetic oil in it which has helped keep the motor clean. Body is clean with no rust. No major issues for me, knock on wood.. Hope you find a good vehicle if you did not choose that one.
Old January 27th, 2016, 5:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2004 trailbrazer

I have a 2004 TB LT been fine except for wiring problems, instrument problems, battery running if you don't drive it for two days. Great engine I-6 no problems there. It has 106,000 miles
Old March 5th, 2016, 7:42 PM
CF Junior Member

This maybe a old posting, but it could help others looking at one of these.

2003 Envoy I6, with trailer towing package and Air bags. 100k miles.

Replaced Air bags @ 80K miles.
Replaced Upper/Lower Ball Joints.

Replaced tie rods and boots (Alignment shop messed up the jam nuts and melted the boots), they claimed the nuts were frozen.

Replaced Trans fluid @ 75K due to the color, smelled ok.

Service 4WD light comes on every once in a while, then goes off.
Gas cap needs replacement every few years or service engine light comes on.
Had a fuel tank recall when it was a few years old.

Plastic cover on the side of the drivers seat with the seat controls has come apart, controls still work.

Must say with the trailer towing packages gear ratio, one never mentions fuel economy ! 12-14 in town, 14-16 highway. Always use unleaded regular.

Been on 1200 mile one way trips pulling a small utility trailer and it averaged 16 mpg !.

Has never been in a shop other my own. No a bad vehicle overall plus it is my main vehicle.

Last edited by Salto_jorge; March 5th, 2016 at 7:47 PM.