Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

So many issues with my 2011 Traverse

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2014, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So many issues with my 2011 Traverse

noises in the tires took back to the dealer 3 times, engine went it was repaired in December 2013 then the engine went again and the car died on the highway heading to South Carolina, I had it towed to Luck Chevy where they replaced the engine with a new one in April 2014 . Once again it is in the shop for power steering issues ABS light traction control light is on and ALL WHEEL DRIVE OFF light is on as well as the brake light. I just don't get it I never had so many issues with a vehicle. The dealer said it is the power steering pump but not sure about the abs light says it can be electrical issues. Then I called dealer again they said it isn't the power steering pump the wrong power steering fluid was in there it was black- this cant be because I never changed the fluid I only have 41000 miles on it. It was in the shop getting a new engine put in in April 2014 they had to of changed the fluid right?? Please help if anybody else had any issue like I am experiencing I think I purchased a lemon. My 3 year warranty just ran out all I have now is the 5 year 100,000 mile warranty and they say the fluid issue isn't covered I owe $145 for the flush and 315 for 3 hours of diagnostic testing. They still aren't sure on why the ABS light is on. Any ideas
Old June 3rd, 2014, 6:54 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Weddin18,

I’m sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing with your Traverse and I can definitely understand your frustrations. If you would like, I will be glad to contact a different dealership on your behalf in order for you to have a second opinion for your concerns. Please feel free to send us a private message in reference to this thread if any extra help is needed. Also include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership name in the message. I look forward to hear from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care